"Really big secret"

Supernintendo Chalmers

50 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I'm pretty sure it did. It wasn't a direct quote but if it was in the article I can see it being correct.

just seems weird how elusive Emily has been about the national, considering they appear to be one of the highest billed acts. 

Also I'm fully expecting the foos day to be similar to the stones day in 2013 - less acts on the pyramid stage due to acts having slightly longer sets.

how has Emily been elusive about The National?

I mean, I'm pretty sure I haven't seen anyone put a question to her about them? she hasn't been talking about The XX either, so if she being elusive about them (and basically every other act on the first poster?).

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

bare in mind in the same interview we've had confirmation the XX are playing before Radiohead and that Biffy are playing before Ed

why wouldn't emily mention the national also playing before Foo Fighters unless... they aren't.

no, we haven't had confirmation about The XX playing before Radiohead.

we have a line at the end of an NME article. we have the same for The National.

1 minute ago, ghostdancer1 said:

no, we haven't had confirmation about The XX playing before Radiohead.

we have a line at the end of an NME article. we have the same for The National.

That would be the same NME that gets a lot of information from these boards, yes?

Last night I had a dream, it was a Glastonbury related dream and it was in part about the "Big Secret". 

Basically my dream (epiphany) involved a new area that was a bit like a boxing ring without the ropes where people could watch artists from all sides.

The lineup of the new stage was never revealed, only ever times with TBA against them and it started about midnight each day.

I went to the new area after a headliner one night and sat waiting for the first TBA to come out, at first I didn't recognise the lone man or the a Capella version of whatever he was singing, until the chorus of Livin' La Vida Loca rang out!

It was then that Ricky Martin pulled me and few others on stage to attempt to follow his dance moves.

So there's my guess, new stage completely with Ricky Martin to open it.

7 minutes ago, zak14 said:

Pretty sure the were officially announced by their backdrop coming down and them walking on stage 

Aaah so in that respect is it considered a "secret set" like Pulp etc? Or not?

Man the Eavii really milk those secrets, hey? (No pun intended....honestly!)

In other news I had a dream that it was the Gorrillaz. That doesn't really tell us anything other than that I've been spending way too much time on this thread!

8 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Aaah so in that respect is it considered a "secret set" like Pulp etc? Or not?

Man the Eavii really milk those secrets, hey? (No pun intended....honestly!)

In other news I had a dream that it was the Gorrillaz. That doesn't really tell us anything other than that I've been spending way too much time on this thread!

The deal with the Libertines was that the banner dropped to announce them at the start of the set, but it had been leaked earlier on in the day because the backstage running order at the Pyramid hand 'The Albion' listed as playing third down and somebody posted a photo of it. My recollection was that it was a secret because they were R&L exclusives, so they couldn't headline or be announced. IIRC the deal was they split the Foos fee with Florence.

24 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

What was the deal with Libertines? I've pieced it together a bit from posts here and there....from what I gather they were announced 8 hrs before, but it was diff to a proper secret set? How were they announced?

the info came out around midday that day, via their 'people' tipping a few people off (one of whom tipped me off), and then shortly after via a few cryptic and not so cryptic tweets from the band.

1 hour ago, shuttlep said:

i know it's a long shot , but it's been said that the festival couldn't have an extra day on the Thursday as we would know about it as it would be a licence issue.

i have just had a look at the Licence (may have been an old one) i could't see anywhere one there where it says it has to start on a Friday and there is stuff going on on Thursday , Williams green kicks off other areas come alive. 

i sit that far fetched?

Festival Licence - from 2015 but still valid, the only amendments since have been minor layout changes.

Check Page 11 of the Command, Control, Communications, and Coordination Plan.

That's even before you get to the various off site noise limits which would also stop anything of note happening on the Pyramid.

10 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

they get nothing more than any other journo might do if emily was in front of them.

Which was still more than this festival in the case of the interview that confirmed Biffy subbing Ed.

The same journalist from [generic music publication] then disclosed information about the positions of The xx and The National, which could definitely have substance 

36 minutes ago, incident said:

Festival Licence - from 2015 but still valid, the only amendments since have been minor layout changes.

Check Page 11 of the Command, Control, Communications, and Coordination Plan.

That's even before you get to the various off site noise limits which would also stop anything of note happening on the Pyramid.

i see 

on another note , I see the latest they are allowed to sell Alcohol is 05:00  in the south east corner ... except staff bars which are 24 hour.... needs a staff band

19 hours ago, Bonaneas said:

With PJ & EV it's pretty much the artists. 10c tix are always vastly overpriced, going back years even, and EVs are shocking & outrageous. Over a £100 face value for an acoustic gig? Crazy! 

And cheers sir, if we stay off the space cakes I'm sure it will be a blast! 

Lol I was lucky I didn't get any from 10 . but I got the misses to phone Hammersmith and we got a ticket the day before they went on sale.. No idea how and wasn't even sure it was true but the money is gone and I have confirmation ect. I've got to pick up tickets from box office lol

Your right on prices I love PJ but if I hadn't been to the show before I wouldn't have bothered..... 

Bollox of course I would it's God Init lol