"Really big secret"

Supernintendo Chalmers

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

he's been very helpful in helping me out when I've forgotten something or other, but him interviewing Michael yesterday was nowt to do with efests, but for the magazine Scottie now owns/runs.

Any further thoughts/predictions on this secret? Guessing you're still in the dark

If it's an act, it has to be somebody that's either an exclusive elsewhere or have insisted it's kept a secret due to their own ticket sales, so we should be able to narrow it down from that. I can't see it being a suprise just because they fancy surprising us. I think part of why the Libertines was a suprise was due to them being Reading and Leeds exclusives? Not just because they thought it would be fun.

7 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

If it's an act, it has to be somebody that's either an exclusive elsewhere or have insisted it's kept a secret due to their own ticket sales, so we should be able to narrow it down from that. I can't see it being a suprise just because they fancy surprising us. I think part of why the Libertines was a suprise was due to them being Reading and Leeds exclusives? Not just because they thought it would be fun.

Why does it? Why can't it just be a surprise for the mad craic? People like surprises...

8 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

There is an outside chance it's someone who hasn't played in a long time. I think this is where some of the crazier ideas come from. There would probably be rumours of warm up gigs by now though

Or someone like Billy Joel who isn't in the country round that time but is touring and has space in the diary to come over and do the legend slot. 

Then you have people written off because they want too much money but are touring such as Fleetwood Mac. 

It's a long list of possibilities but it probably Gaga

5 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I've changed my mind, I don't to narrow it down.

Joking aside, the only way I could see this being it, is if it ends up being an Oasis reunion.. Noel is on record saying he will be at Glastonbury.

I was wondering if it could be an Oasis reunion the other day.  I have absolutely nothing to base it on though, just a random thought that popped into my head.  However that still gives it just as much clout as any thing else that has been suggested.

What do we think the chances of Glastonbury doing a R&L and having a co-headliner? Say Ed Sheehan has the same length of time on the stage with the same production just he doesn't play last. Only say Ed Sheehan because compared to Radiohead and Foo Fighters he seems like having a set in the daylight would work out better.

EDIT: Not that I think this the case, just are Glastonbury the kind of festival that would book co-headliners. It would go with the whole "two years of music" quote from earlier in the year.

Edited by mf_2005