"Really big secret"

Supernintendo Chalmers

Royal Blood could easily do 4th down on the Friday in my opinion. They do like to get a bit of crowd churn going, and I can see a lot of people just staying put at the Pyramid if that currently predicted run happens. Given the strength of the line up, if there is a big act still to come, why not have K-Pez under The XX and slot in the new, 'big' act on the Saturday either sub/3rd down? Royal Blood will only be releasing the new album the week before, they could do 3rd down as everyone reckons but I don't think having them 4th down is a stretch at all given the new album will still be unfamiliar and the strength of the lineup overall.

15 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Not sure The xx before Radiohead ever came from Emily's mouth did it?

You may be on to something and it'd be pretty exciting if we did still have a Saturday sub to come. Think The National deserve a shot at it personally, but not gonna argue with somebody like Gaga being above them.

I'm pretty sure it did. It wasn't a direct quote but if it was in the article I can see it being correct.

just seems weird how elusive Emily has been about the national, considering they appear to be one of the highest billed acts. 

Also I'm fully expecting the foos day to be similar to the stones day in 2013 - less acts on the pyramid stage due to acts having slightly longer sets.

1 minute ago, kingbadger said:

Royal Blood could easily do 4th down on the Friday in my opinion. They do like to get a bit of crowd churn going, and I can see a lot of people just staying put at the Pyramid if that currently predicted run happens. Given the strength of the line up, if there is a big act still to come, why not have K-Pez under The XX and slot in the new, 'big' act on the Saturday either sub/3rd down? Royal Blood will only be releasing the new album the week before, they could do 3rd down as everyone reckons but I don't think having them 4th down is a stretch at all given the new album will still be unfamiliar and the strength of the lineup overall.

Royal Blood have just announced an arena tour for the end of the year. Can't see them playing any lower than third down.

3 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

i know it's a long shot , but it's been said that the festival couldn't have an extra day on the Thursday as we would know about it as it would be a licence issue.

i have just had a look at the Licence (may have been an old one) i could't see anywhere one there where it says it has to start on a Friday and there is stuff going on on Thursday , Williams green kicks off other areas come alive. 

i sit that far fetched?

Isn't the issue around the level of noise the pyramid would generate. It explains why the smaller stages open on Thursday but not the main ones.

Am I the only person who thinks that it can't be anything other than a big female act? Other than Katy Perry there's not really any women at all at the top of the lineup and Emily's made a very big point over the last few years that the balance needs to be redressed, hence Flo and Adele. My money is on Gaga playing before Foo Fighters and the National or the xx headlining the Other Stage - there's no firm evidence to say that either are playing the Pyramid or that the National are definitely playing the Saturday is there? Just poster speculation?

Just now, Monkismo said:

Am I the only person who thinks that it can't be anything other than a big female act? Other than Katy Perry there's not really any women at all at the top of the lineup and Emily's made a very big point over the last few years that the balance needs to be redressed, hence Flo and Adele. My money is on Gaga playing before Foo Fighters and the National or the xx headlining the Other Stage - there's no firm evidence to say that either are playing the Pyramid or that the National are definitely playing the Saturday is there? Just poster speculation?

I don't see it

gaga won't sub while Katy perry plays third down

i'm thinking big British band that desperately wanted to play because of the fallow year - and is taking a lower spot

Edited by Matt42

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

I don't see it

gaga won't sub while Katy perry plays third down

i'm thinking big British band that desperately wanted to play because of the fallow year - and is taking a lower spot

Do you mean Elbow? If so, it's the worst secret there is.

27 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

i know it's a long shot , but it's been said that the festival couldn't have an extra day on the Thursday as we would know about it as it would be a licence issue.

i have just had a look at the Licence (may have been an old one) i could't see anywhere one there where it says it has to start on a Friday and there is stuff going on on Thursday , Williams green kicks off other areas come alive. 

i sit that far fetched?

I can't see them having a massive band on Thursday on the Pyramid or Other.  Regardless of licensing issues imagine the uproar from people that aren't getting on site till the official first day and realising they've missed Led Zeppelin or whoever.

3 minutes ago, SteveTLizard said:

I can't see them having a massive band on Thursday on the Pyramid or Other.  Regardless of licensing issues imagine the uproar from people that aren't getting on site till the official first day and realising they've missed Led Zeppelin or whoever.

i know

but at least you would be able to say you were there to see (insert legendary band name here)

59 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Chic and Barry Gibb basically being a double header of a legends' slot and where the rumours of it being a big disco extravaganza came from.

With that in mind, it could be Diane Ross playing her hits with these two as guest slot

Still think it's Gaga subbing Foos though :) 

57 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

bare in mind in the same interview we've had confirmation the XX are playing before Radiohead and that Biffy are playing before Ed

why wouldn't emily mention the national also playing before Foo Fighters unless... they aren't.

Exactly this ^^^^

31 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Royal Blood have just announced an arena tour for the end of the year. Can't see them playing any lower than third down.

They've bottled it by doing Ally Pally over Wembley Arena or the 02, that'll be the difference between sharing a high slot with someone else at Reading next year and headlining it themselves. 

21 minutes ago, Monkismo said:

Personally I think alt-J are subbing Other and The National headlining Other at the minute with the info for alt-J knowing nothing except for that....and then placed on the poster where they are etc for it to look exactly like that. 

ML are big enough, BBK are as long as they have all guests apart from probably Drake, but.alt-J for me atm aren't. 

• Downvote 2

Did I just got downvoted for my Michelle Obama girl crush? That seems a bit much :(

2 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

If it's an act, it has to be somebody that's either an exclusive elsewhere or have insisted it's kept a secret due to their own ticket sales, so we should be able to narrow it down from that. I can't see it being a suprise just because they fancy surprising us. I think part of why the Libertines was a suprise was due to them being Reading and Leeds exclusives? Not just because they thought it would be fun.

What was the deal with Libertines? I've pieced it together a bit from posts here and there....from what I gather they were announced 8 hrs before, but it was diff to a proper secret set? How were they announced?

41 minutes ago, Franky said:

Could this be to make room for another area/stage ? I like to think of it being the KLFPRODIGYCOLLINS areana.

I very much enjoy your Prodigy enthusiasm!!! If there is no room on the Other, could we do some shuffling about and have them sub Ed. Because that would be epic and hilarious in so many ways :D

Neil's going to tell us to behave again isn't he...:sorry:

3 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

What was the deal with Libertines? I've pieced it together a bit from posts here and there....from what I gather they were announced 8 hrs before, but it was diff to a proper secret set? How were they announced?

Pretty sure the were officially announced by their backdrop coming down and them walking on stage