"Really big secret"

Supernintendo Chalmers

1 minute ago, slash's hat said:

True it says only festival appearance, are the other gigs his own?  Still I suppose if it was genesis doing a 50th anniversary thing that gets round that one anyway.

Yeah its all part of his tour. The BST website only mentions "Only" festival performance once in an inconspicuous line. 

Maybe they just through that in there to big it up a little. If it was exclusive I would have thought they would plaster the fact on the poster. 

Genesis would be amazing! :)

2 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Do we know what was promised to Bazza though? And would Glastonbury turn down the chance to have both him and Phil Collins, just to spare his feeling if he had been lined up for the legend slot?

I doubt they'd turn down the Philster if he offered to play for buttons, but Bazza sits squarely within the general type of act they've been booking recently in the slot.

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I know we've debated it loads - finally throwing my hat in the ring

A lot of people (who aren't die hard national fans) are confused that they look to be subbing foo fighters

Maybe there's a band slotting above them?

If there's a band slotting in above them then that would push Katy Perry/another big artist down a slot, which just isn't happening. The National may not be the biggest sub but I can't see why they'd be grouped in between two subs on the poster if they weren't one themselves, even if it were to hide the fact that there's a big secret.

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

If there's a band slotting in above them then that would push Katy Perry/another big artist down a slot, which just isn't happening. The National may not be the biggest sub but I can't see why they'd be grouped in between two subs on the poster if they weren't one themselves, even if it were to hide the fact that there's a big secret.

I thought the Foo's were being subbed by Biffy or Royal Blood can't remember which.

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

is it absolutely certain Katy Perry is on the saturday and not the sunday?

Just now, Matt42 said:

is it absolutely certain Katy Perry is on the saturday and not the sunday?

She's not been confirmed for it, but with Chic definitely playing on the Pyramid on the Sunday (and then the Sunday Legend, Gibb, almost definitely below them) there really isn't any room for her on that day.

Just now, FloorFiller said:

She's not been confirmed for it, but with Chic definitely playing on the Pyramid on the Sunday (and then the Sunday Legend, Gibb, almost definitely below them) there really isn't any room for her on that day.

and we're sure that Chic can't play before Gibb?

Just now, Matt42 said:

and we're sure that Chic can't play before Gibb?

Could be a possibility I guess but not how I see it panning out. Still don't see The National being pushed down to third, mind, but maybe something could slot in beneath them on the Saturday if Katy P is on the Sunday.

12 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah in considering whether it could be Lady Gaga I have been wondering if The National's poster placement could have been to hide the fact there's a big secret coming, even though it goes against all my arguing that The National will sub.

Radiohead / The xx / Royal Blood

Foo Fighters / Lady Gaga / The National

Ed Sheeran / Biffy Clyro / Katy Perry / Chic / Barry Gibb

Chic and Barry Gibb basically being a double header of a legends' slot and where the rumours of it being a big disco extravaganza came from.

Probably not likely but it seems to me like the only way to fit something in that actually is as big as we're assuming. Guess Gaga could play 3rd down instead of The National if she's not that bothered about her placement or is advertised as some kind of special act.

If not something like this, then I think it'll be something much smaller than most in here are suggesting. And if it is something of this magnitude then Gaga is easily the frontrunner in my mind.

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Could be a possibility I guess but not how I see it panning out. Still don't see The National being pushed down to third, mind, but maybe something could slot in beneath them on the Saturday if Katy P is on the Sunday.

I'm just putting out there, according to acts positions on the poster it wouldn't really destabilise things much

Friday

Radiohead
The XX
Royal Blood
Stormzy
George Ezra

Saturday

Foo Fighters
???
The National
Lorde
Craig David

Sunday

Ed Sheeran
Biffy Clyro
Katy Perry
Barry Gib
Chic.

Someone could be slotted in and everything would still make sense

bare in mind in the same interview we've had confirmation the XX are playing before Radiohead and that Biffy are playing before Ed

why wouldn't emily mention the national also playing before Foo Fighters unless... they aren't.

Just now, Matt42 said:

bare in mind in the same interview we've had confirmation the XX are playing before Radiohead and that Biffy are playing before Ed

why wouldn't emily mention the national also playing before Foo Fighters unless... they aren't.

Not sure The xx before Radiohead ever came from Emily's mouth did it?

You may be on to something and it'd be pretty exciting if we did still have a Saturday sub to come. Think The National deserve a shot at it personally, but not gonna argue with somebody like Gaga being above them.

so if the big secret does turn out to be in the legends slot, is there any reason why Bazza couldnt be on a different day instead, perhaps swapping places with the lovely Katy?

or does it really not matter thinking about and 'all will be revealed' anyway soon?

11 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

There's been as much confirmation of The National as The xx. That is, a footnote in a news article about the band. The articles came from the same author that was teasing out that Glasto information over a few days incl. the quote about Biffy being before Ed Sheeran so it will have all come from the same place.

I still think it could be the legends slot. Someone mentioned on here the other say about how there's been very little mention of it this year compared with years gone by. Barry Gibb is on the poster but, unless I've missed something, there hasn't been any mention of him actually playing the Legends slot

Just reading over onthe confirmed food vendors thread that one of the market places has been removed this year! Could this be to make room for another area/stage ? I like to think of it being the KLFPRODIGYCOLLINS areana.

Word up !

i know it's a long shot , but it's been said that the festival couldn't have an extra day on the Thursday as we would know about it as it would be a licence issue.

i have just had a look at the Licence (may have been an old one) i could't see anywhere one there where it says it has to start on a Friday and there is stuff going on on Thursday , Williams green kicks off other areas come alive. 

i sit that far fetched?