"Really big secret"

Supernintendo Chalmers

1 minute ago, waterfalls212434 said:

that maybe the case but people saying its `bound to be a disappointment` and it wont be anything worth the speculation are going off on the other end of negativity. as theres just as little logic in that as there is expecting a led zepp reunion.

I wouldnt predict itd be something as earth shattering as led zep etc but I fail to see why if it wasnt going to be worth it, it would have been kept so hush hush and the great pains that must have been taken to keep it that way expended. Of course im using basic logic here and im aware glastonbury booking doesnt always operate on that but hey! makes sense to me, you dont make a big effort to keep something under wraps if the reveal isnt going to shock people in some manner.

Well I hope you're right and it turns out to be something huge and worth keeping a secret, but I'm sure as hell not expecting it to go that way. When the full lineup drops my eyes aren't gonna know where to look!

5 minutes ago, Bonaneas said:

What's the licensing rules on having the Pyramid or other stage open on the Thursday night??

They can't do it without applying for special permission. Which they haven't done. And may not get if they did apply. Same applies to any of the other 10ish biggest stages.

3 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

The greatest TV show in the entire history of the medium.

Thought that was Game of Thrones? Or the Wire? Or Breaking Bad?

As for the secret, we all know its going to be Coldplay. 

Edited by The Nal

10 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Last year the act they kept up their sleeves was Tame Impala.

yup, I was wondering if this 'secret' act might be in that same slot.

BUT ... part of why that was a secret last year is because it was a late booking.

7 minutes ago, Plumb111 said:

Emily has not named them as the Sunday headliners for Other, just headliners

however, i've had what I believe is excellent info for the Other headliners, with BBK on Sunday.

5 minutes ago, Plumb111 said:

Emily has not named them as the Sunday headliners for Other, just headliners, presumptions have just been made that it is the only slot that they can play due to the poster order. I still just think its bizarre to have them against sheeran when there is such a large crossover of fans.

Alt J to play an extended slot on the Saturday on Other before BBK close the stage. Katy Perry to sub Foos. Green Day to then go up against Sheeran, with Alt J against K-Pez and BBK against Foos, which makes a hell of a lot more sense than Alt J v Foos and BBK v Ed. Means not having grime closing two of the main stages on the Sunday (Kano on Park), and ties in with Neil's previous 'hip hop Saturday' info, as you could stick RTJ underneath Alt-J, with Wiley and others also appearing on Other.

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, incident said:

They can't do it without applying for special permission. Which they haven't done. And may not get if they did apply. Same applies to any of the other 10ish biggest stages.

Is there any reason we'd know about the application? Like does it have to be made public ?