"Really big secret"

Supernintendo Chalmers

4 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

Elbow/Green Day/Gaga opening the Other/playing a secret set at the Park.

or maybe just Sheeran doing one of those too.

it'll be something underwhelming either way I'm sure.

Christ, can you imagine Emily saying there's a huge secret and it turns out we just get TWO Ed Sheeran sets. 

if it's not any of:

1. Bjork

2. K-Dot

3. some artificial sun/giant ball of nuclear fusion suspended over the site to guarantee roasting heat & light, baking the ground to a near impenetrable grandmother's rock-cake-like crust,

i'm not interested

Edited by liamium
edited to include 100% more King Kenny
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Think you're mixing up being negative with being a realist. It may be something pretty big, but when have the Eavi's talks of stuff being 'extra special' in any year of Glastonbury actually been 'extra special'? Maybe this'll be the one time they really mean it, but I won't be expecting to be blown away when it's revealed.

This is something theyve apprently made a huge effort to keep under wraps and away from anyone finding out, that very rarely happens, even the biggest of suprises over the last few years have leaked in some way even just in the way of strong rumours doing the rounds. Noone was expecting to wake up and read this this morn so they definitely have succeeding in keeping it hush hush as well.

They wouldnt make such an effort if it really was something not worth the hype. That is the logic im going on here. How much effort would it have taken to keep so under wraps esp considering how many people leak/guess things around the festival on these boards and others?

I struggle to see why they would put so much effort in to say keep an `appearance from elbow` as some suggested under wraps for example? if it wasnt something huge it wouldnt have been worth the effort to keep under wraps from all till now.

Edited by waterfalls212434

1 minute ago, waterfalls212434 said:

This is something theyve apprently made a huge effort to keep under wraps and away from anyone finding out, that very rarely happens, even the biggest of suprises over the last few years have leaked in some way even just in the way of strong rumours doing the rounds. Noone was expecting to wake up and read this this morn so they definitely have succeeding in keeping it hush hush as well.

They wouldnt make such an effort if it really was something not worth the hype. That is the logic im going on here. How much effort would it have taken to keep so under wraps esp considering how many people leak/guess things around the festival on these boards and others?

I struggle to see why they would put so much effort in to say keep an `appearance from elbow` as some suggested under wraps for example?

you're gon' feel so blue when it is actually just Guy and the the Garvettes

Just now, waterfalls212434 said:

This is something theyve apprently made a huge effort to keep under wraps and away from anyone finding out, that very rarely happens, even the biggest of suprises over the last few years have leaked in some way even just in the way of strong rumours doing the rounds.

I struggle to see why they would put so much effort in to say keep an `appearance from elbow` as some suggested under wraps for example?

Could just be that they've learnt from their previous mistakes of stuff getting out and decided to keep this years one big secret a secret for once - doesn't necessarily mean it's bigger than any of the previous years secrets.

You may be right and it turns out to be something massive, but I think expectations need to be lowered a bit here. Something like Fleetwood Mac or the Stone Roses it ain't gonna be!

What's the licensing rules on having the Pyramid or other stage open on the Thursday night?? The stone roses are free that night between Leeds & Glasgow shows, and would suit them & the festival perfectly seeing as they don't ever allow live footage to be shown on TV. BBC coverage doesn't start until Friday. Just an idea! 

Right well for it to be properly exciting for me then it needs to be someone like the Dalai Lama, something involving Robert Plant, something more theatre-based like Punchdrunk or Cirque du Soleil or the return of the bloody tote bag and a pot of yoghurt. It will probably be something odd like a live carpool karoake in cinemarageddon or some such. Or Elbow.

22 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

They've backed themselves into a corner a bit with this.  

Given the unlikelihood of them having something truly special up their sleeves all that'll happen is widespread disappointed faces on Xmas Morning when everyone unwraps their present to find only BeardFace Elbow and the lads inside doing their song about the window.

That's a good point actually. It's not like they need to sell the festival to us anymore, is it? They had us all in October

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Last year the act they kept up their sleeves was Tame Impala.

That was a pretty big/awesome surprise as well. At least there's precedent for something good being kept a secret.

*awaits Elbow announcement*

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Could just be that they've learnt from their previous mistakes of stuff getting out and decided to keep this years one big secret a secret for once - doesn't necessarily mean it's bigger than any of the previous years secrets.

You may be right and it turns out to be something massive, but I think expectations need to be lowered a bit here. Something like Fleetwood Mac or the Stone Roses it ain't gonna be!

that maybe the case but people saying its `bound to be a disappointment` and it wont be anything worth the speculation are going off on the other end of negativity. as theres just as little logic in that as there is expecting a led zepp reunion.

I wouldnt predict itd be something as earth shattering as led zep etc but I fail to see why if it wasnt going to be worth it, it would have been kept so hush hush and the great pains that must have been taken to keep it that way expended. Of course im using basic logic here and im aware glastonbury booking doesnt always operate on that but hey! makes sense to me, you dont make a big effort to keep something under wraps if the reveal isnt going to shock people in some manner.

Edited by waterfalls212434

46 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

The Green Day info had them specifically headlining Other, and Emily has named BBK as the Other headliners that night so I can't see them slipping Green Day in above them/Green Day being elsewhere on the bill.

Emily has not named them as the Sunday headliners for Other, just headliners, presumptions have just been made that it is the only slot that they can play due to the poster order. I still just think its bizarre to have them against sheeran when there is such a large crossover of fans.

13 minutes ago, p.pete said:

Don't think so - I think Neil has repeated something multiple times like: they've turned down other festivals.  Sounds a bit flimsy :P

My Heart says Kraftwerk, my head says something a bit w*nk like Robbie Williams :ph34r: