Coachella 2017 Live Stream

BlackHole2006

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, OneLittleFish said:

Dunno if it's just me but I always think that Coachella sounds terrible. Designated drinking areas, the pitch for your tent being marked out in squares and you're not allowed to be outwith that, hipster fashion as opposed to wellies and kagoules. Might just be me but the main priorities and focus is on the wrong things.

Will still watch live streams and that to watch some of the performances, mind you :D

You get to park yout car in your little square patch though. I could get behind that.

1 hour ago, uscore said:

It's the insane heat that puts me off.

They should at least do what Benicassim does and start the music in the evenings, and play over night when it's cooler.

Difference is though Spain is humid still whereas Coachella isn't really, it's just bloody hot but take water in and it's not unbearable. Glastonbury a few years back in 2010 maybe when it was ridiculously humid was way worse!

30 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

You get to park yout car in your little square patch though. I could get behind that.

You do but it's not as big as maybe you hope for as American cars are bigger. Tbf though as long as you are friendly to neighbours you can cross over gazebos as they do stretch past the alloted space sometimes. You can get a couple of smaller tents and chairs in the space if not correct, a couple use their whole space as sitting around and sleep in the back of the cars under the gazebo.

2 hours ago, OneLittleFish said:

Dunno if it's just me but I always think that Coachella sounds terrible. Designated drinking areas, the pitch for your tent being marked out in squares and you're not allowed to be outwith that, hipster fashion as opposed to wellies and kagoules. Might just be me but the main priorities and focus is on the wrong things.

Will still watch live streams and that to watch some of the performances, mind you :D

Well, I'd say designated drinking areas prioritise the preservation of human life, which is usually a pretty good thing to put at the top of the list. If people don't understand the danger of chugging beer after beer in a desert then I think it's good that the festival takes the opportunity away from them. :lol:

I guess everyone's different but I've done plenty of festivals sober because of a flat out refusal to queue for twenty minutes to get a £5 cup of Carling or Tuborg or something without really regretting it. 

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Well, I'd say designated drinking areas prioritise the preservation of human life, which is usually a pretty good thing to put at the top of the list. If people don't understand the danger of chugging beer after beer in a desert then I think it's good that the festival takes the opportunity away from them. :lol:

I guess everyone's different but I've done plenty of festivals sober because of a flat out refusal to queue for twenty minutes to get a £5 cup of Carling or Tuborg or something without really regretting it. 

Sounds like a challenge to me :lol:

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

Having lived over there that's pretty much standard for every event, esp. sporting events. Ticket+parking space. 

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

There are many deserts without alcohol restrictions where you could try it out. ;) But those are deserts without Radiohead...

Just Oasis.  *cough*

Booooooooooooooo!

But in all seriousness, I like watching a band with a pint in hand. If it's too hot to do that then I'll stick to a muddy field (but not this year, NFR, NFM, NFC, NF1975)

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Sounds like nannying bollocks to me......freedom of choice should always be a thing..especially at festivals....And at glastonbury you are aware you have the `freedom` to not drink £5 cups of carling or tuborg yes? I mean drink your own booze or go to places like the cornish arms,avalon, cider bus etc and have some quality ales and ciders...why would anyone buy drinks they didnt like then moan about it? thats just stupid, dont think I touched a tubog all last years fest.

28 minutes ago, thatcrazypenguin said:

Sounds like nannying bollocks to me......freedom of choice should always be a thing..especially at festivals....And at glastonbury you are aware you have the `freedom` to not drink £5 cups of carling or tuborg yes? I mean drink your own booze or go to places like the cornish arms,avalon, cider bus etc and have some quality ales and ciders...why would anyone buy drinks they didnt like then moan about it? thats just stupid, dont think I touched a tubog all last years fest.

You're free to choose not to go to any festival where you don't like the regulations.

And I didn't mean Glastonbury. I meant other festivals where you can't take alcohol into the arena nor choose from a range of drinks.

Edited by dentalplan

48 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

You're free to choose not to go to any festival where you don't like the regulations.

And I didn't mean Glastonbury. I meant other festivals where you can't take alcohol into the arena nor choose from a range of drinks.

apologies then, I assumed you meant glastonbury because of the `tubog` comment (as all know thats glastonburys official pissweak beer) and no I could never to a festival with those kind of strict regulations., 

1 hour ago, sisco said:

Gaga is very good! Would have been nice if the rumours had have been true. 

Only caught the end but looked amazing. Still holding out (probably in forlorn hope) that they've held back her announcement until after she's played the Coachella gigs.

7 minutes ago, Keithy said:

Only caught the end but looked amazing. Still holding out (probably in forlorn hope) that they've held back her announcement until after she's played the Coachella gigs.

Would be nice, but sadly no chance (I think).

Was wondering if Katy Perry replaced her once she got the Coachella call. 

Just put on the three Coachella stream channels:

Blossoms
Arkells (?)
Local Natives

Any one of them could have been playing any one of the three songs on at that time. Indistinguishable, bland, idea-free dirge.

What has happened to music?! When did we decide that stuff like this was good enough?!

Anyway, caught a bit of Gaga - yeah, she looked quite fun!

:)

Ben

21 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Blossoms
Arkells (?)
Local Natives

Any one of them could have been playing any one of the three songs on at that time. Indistinguishable, bland, idea-free dirge.

What has happened to music?! When did we decide that stuff like this was good enough?!

I said in my last comment that I liked Local Natives, but I would fully agree on Blossoms. They really are woeful, not sure how they are so popular at all. Manchester - you can do a lot lot better! If they had been signed 10 years ago they would have quickly been forgotten, even large number of landfill indie bands had more talent. 

Edited by reflekting

52 minutes ago, Keithy said:

This my hope too, that "on the back of her amazing Coachella gig, we are happy to announce Lady Gaga will be joining us in the fields of Avalon" - one can hope :D

Just watching Bon Iver now then Gaga :)

44 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Blossoms
Arkells (?)
Local Natives

Anyway, caught a bit of Gaga - yeah, she looked quite fun!

:)

Ben

I just did the same. 3 channels, five lads on each, same poses, clothes, tunes. I'd not heard of any of them; Shura, Kaleo and some others. 

Edit - apparently Shura is a girl so I may well have got names mixed up!

Edited by fatyeti24