Coachella 2017 Live Stream

BlackHole2006

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, reflekting said:

Courteeners and Elbow are both self proclaimed Manchester bands and they both come from outside the M60 so I'd still include Blossoms in the Manchester bucket. 

It's not about how close you are to a city, it's about identity. They are a Stockport band. They're not a band with some members from Stockport and others nearby. They're all from Stockport, they're named after a pub in Stockport , they're written on the sign as you enter Stockport from Manchester. They're a Stockport band.

Stockport.

1 hour ago, jparx said:

Yeah she completely nailed it. She would be a much better headliner than Ed, but tbf I think we'd have all been a bit "eh?!" at the time she would have been announced. She's an obvious pick now after the Super Bowl and Coachella, but this time last year I doubt anyone would have seriously suggested her.

Cough " I did" cough :ph34r:

4 hours ago, fatyeti24 said:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/apr/15/coachella-2017-radiohead-friday-headliners-set-review

A review of Radiohead. Just go straight to the comments.  Radiohead fans are the bestest. 

What's this btl comment all about?

Of course radiohead is not a rock and band. It's a beautiful band that is exploring sound, not even songwriting. They are close to Bjork not Polly Jean.
Anyway this all scene of "technical difficulties" remind me how u2 was completely "thrown away to the beasts" years ago on Glastonbury. Instead of doing his job, the responsable of the show was receveing in a private show by York and Greenwood. U2 that was a huge effort to come to England in thr middle of a tour in the states. I hope one day Paul macguiniss tell us the whole story

11 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It's not about how close you are to a city, it's about identity. They are a Stockport band. They're not a band with some members from Stockport and others nearby. They're all from Stockport, they're named after a pub in Stockport , they're written on the sign as you enter Stockport from Manchester. They're a Stockport band.

Stockport.

Blossoms don't use OXO cubes because they're a Stock Pot band.

19 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Stockport.

You could at least offer an apology.

22 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Well I am sure you will agree, tonight New Order will steal the show. They will play pretty much exactly the same set they have played over the last 2 years but will mix the order up a touch.

Kendricks headlining, no ones stealing anything away from him 

God it's still absolutely devestating that Bon Iver isn't coming over here. Must be down to Brexit, only reason I can think of. But he looks phenomenal at Coachella.

(that said, almost doing the new album in full then missing off 00000 Million? is he trolling?)

15 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

God it's still absolutely devestating that Bon Iver isn't coming over here. Must be down to Brexit, only reason I can think of. But he looks phenomenal at Coachella.

(that said, almost doing the new album in full then missing off 00000 Million? is he trolling?)

was gutted when he cancelled his UK/EU tour and then announced US dates shortly after, thought it would be fine cause I'd see him at Glastonbury, guess not. Watching his Coachella set makes me more upset 

2 hours ago, kalifire said:

Gaga is about two years past her prime for headliner status. Unless she does anything else noteworthy, her window has gone.

she just headlined the superbowl and coachella and you're requiring she does something noteworthy?

5 minutes ago, swede said:

At least you compared him to Tupac which means you recognize he actually has something to say, unlike a lot of rappers nowadays 

Tupac is the dappa don, numero uno. The reason why Tupac stands out is because not only does he have something to say, he says it and sings it to the music. All parts compliment each other. My only gripe with Kendrick is that his vocals are the fundamental aspect rather than the song as a whole. That is fine but it all ends up sounding a bit samey after a while.

Maybe I need to give Kendrick a fairer crack of the whip. I got bored when listening to him and was sat there thinking why would I listen to this when I could be listening to Tupac. 

I am not going to watch him tomorrow as I will watch New Order when I get in from work. Will give him a listen tomorrow afternoon when I get up and try to judge him on his own merits rather than compare him to the absolute best there is.

Just now, eastynh said:

Tupac is the dappa don, numero uno. The reason why Tupac stands out is because not only does he have something to say, he says it and sings it to the music. All parts compliment each other. My only gripe with Kendrick is that his vocals are the fundamental aspect rather than the song as a whole. That is fine but it all ends up sounding a bit samey after a while.

Maybe I need to give Kendrick a fairer crack of the whip. I got bored when listening to him and was sat there thinking why would I listen to this when I could be listening to Tupac. 

I am not going to watch him tomorrow as I will watch New Order when I get in from work. Will give him a listen tomorrow afternoon when I get up and try to judge him on his own merits rather than compare him to the absolute best there is.

Out of interest which album was it you didn't get as your vocals comment can't be directed at TPAB, he's rapping over jazz infused production which is top class 

7 minutes ago, swede said:

Out of interest which album was it you didn't get as your vocals comment can't be directed at TPAB, he's rapping over jazz infused production which is top class 

I just went through top tracks on Deezer. 

I am not saying the production was not top class. It was as if the vocals did not fit the music if that makes sense. It was as if the vocal in the main element and they worked round that. Now that is fair enough but it is not really what I am into.

Tell me what I should listen to tomorrow and I will give it ago.

1 hour ago, eastynh said:

Are blossoms really that bad? The bits I have heard have been pleasent enough. They sound like a young band just finding their feet. No way on earth I would be writing them off just yet.

Nah, they're alright. They just aren't doing anything ground-breaking or chin stroking enough to get any love on here ;)

I quite like them, songs I can listen to but don't actively seek out. Were good at PP last year.