Coachella 2017 Live Stream

BlackHole2006

9 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Yeah Glass Animals are getting a mad reception, and very well deserved. Clearly they've exploded in the last year, remember them getting a pretty small but enthusiastic crowd at Wilderness just last August which is a small fest to begin with. Really looking forward to seeing them again, presumably on Other stage.

They're ace! I mean, if you find them grating I doubt they'll change your mind much but I had a great time seeing them.

I am a fan of the last album.. it's just yer man bopping about stage like Macklemore is a bit off putting. But I guess being sat up in bed watching it on a laptop at 3am is different to if they're on at 6/7pm at Glasto when you're sufficiently warmed up for it. I think they'll get a big old crowd at Glasto too.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

They're pretty big here too, as far as I can tell.

Someone's gonna have to reassure me about these guys' live cred because they're grating on me right now.

Yeah I liked them at Electric Picnic last year (got a bigger crowd than Catfish btw) but did leave after half an hour. Their album has grown on me though, still surprising they have a bigger crowd than Mac Demarco who is headlining EOTR 

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

I am a fan of the last album.. it's just yer man bopping about stage like Macklemore is a bit off putting. But I guess being sat up in bed watching it on a laptop at 3am is different to if they're on at 6/7pm at Glasto when you're sufficiently warmed up for it. I think they'll get a big old crowd at Glasto too.

Reckon it might be kind of necessary to translate that kind of music onto a stage that massive to be honest. Gets the crowd going a little more, at least.

That is a bloody massive crowd though, keep that up and they'll be subbing Glasto off their next album.

Put FJM on the Pyramid. Put FJM on the Pyramid. Put FJM on the Pyramid. Put FJM on the Pyramid. Put FJM on the Pyramid. Put FJM on the Pyramid. Put FJM on the Pyramid. Put FJM on the Pyramid. Put FJM on the Pyramid. 

...and not the stinking Other Stage, please and thank you.

The XX look pretty dire, to be honest. They've got some bangers to came later in the set but so far it's just dull, and the crowd don't seem to be particularly into it either. They're still even for Coachella standards and even on the stream you can often hear them chatting over the music. We'll see if it improves but yeah, not doing much for me. Sunlight won't improve it either. I'll probably end up being there at Glastonbury 'cos Radiohead anyway.

1 minute ago, Mash011 said:

The XX look pretty dire, to be honest. They've got some bangers to came later in the set but so far it's just dull, and the crowd don't seem to be particularly into it either. They're still even for Coachella standards and even on the stream you can often hear them chatting over the music. We'll see if it improves but yeah, not doing much for me. Sunlight won't improve it either. I'll probably end up being there at Glastonbury 'cos Radiohead anyway.

That's the opposite of me as I'm enjoying it,  maybe it's because I'm a fan of them though 

Just now, brettredmayne said:

That's the opposite of me as I'm enjoying it,  maybe it's because I'm a fan of them though 

I'm not necessarily a 'fan' but I do find them fairly enjoyable on record. Just don't really think this performance has much going for it. A lot of their stuff is just like, decent background music.