Jump to content
rzwodezwo

2019 Headliners

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

Pretty much yeah, expect more of the same for a few more weeks. 

Think The Strokes could headline personally. Madonna much more unlikely, fantasy land to think she's even been asked. Have a feeling it'll just be someone out the blue who we're not expecting or find out a couple of hours before.

I just don’t get the strokes though...they’re on my list of bands I’d love to see based on being 18...but to headline? I’d be amazed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

I just don’t get the strokes though...they’re on my list of bands I’d love to see based on being 18...but to headline? I’d be amazed. 

Based on you being 18?

I was a bit late to the party witH the strokes and starting paying attention when room on fire came out. Played it to death and later did the same with is this it. Wasn't much into anything they did after that but would love to see them at Glastonbury. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, gherkin8r said:

Based on you being 18?

I was a bit late to the party witH the strokes and starting paying attention when room on fire came out. Played it to death and later did the same with is this it. Wasn't much into anything they did after that but would love to see them at Glastonbury. 

I’d absolutely love to see them at Glastonbury, but headliners? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

I’d absolutely love to see them at Glastonbury, but headliners? 

They wouldn't accept anything less and there's not a great deal of options currently touring. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Also true.  I've got no beef with new arrangements, but not at the expense of the song.

There's a danger of Kylie trying that on as well. 

Kylie is a crowd-pleaser who caters to the event, she'll definitely do the hits without changing them up too much - Glasto is part of a summer tour that is similar to the one she did in 2015 - her Hyde Park set then was pretty much perfect for the casual fan. Not worried about her at all.

Madonna would be more of a risk in this regard particularly if it coincides with a new album - But as someone with 60+ UK top 10s it'd be hard to mess it up too badly, she's still gonna by default gonna have more hits in her setlist than almost anyone else playing.

Edited by burntbridges

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not fair that we're sitting on a knife edge between the gospel choir of Like A Prayer vs. Julian Casablancas doing that song about how bored he is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has Madonna at any point in the last 2 decades produced this mythical bangerfest greatest hits set or does she always stank it up with medleys and new songs that nobody wants to hear?

 

I'm not a fan but would definitely be interested if I'm guaranteed wall to wall hits but my impression is that's not on the cards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mcshed said:

Has Madonna at any point in the last 2 decades produced this mythical bangerfest greatest hits set or does she always stank it up with medleys and new songs that nobody wants to hear?

 

I'm not a fan but would definitely be interested if I'm guaranteed wall to wall hits but my impression is that's not on the cards.

I've no idea about madge, but ....

I expected that from bowie in 2000 so I swerved it. Damn! :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, mcshed said:

Has Madonna at any point in the last 2 decades produced this mythical bangerfest greatest hits set or does she always stank it up with medleys and new songs that nobody wants to hear?

 

I'm not a fan but would definitely be interested if I'm guaranteed wall to wall hits but my impression is that's not on the cards.

Obviously I haven’t seen every setlist she’s ever done but looking back at random tour dates from her last two decades of album tours it looks like she’s always favoured playing heavily from her new album and then one or two songs from a selection of her previous albums. Obviously sometimes that’s not too bad (Ray of Light tour) but if we’re gonna assume a new album from her is gonn be as trend following/poor as her previous few have then it’s not promising, especially for a festival.

But then, she’s never(?) headlined a festival, so who’s to say what she would do given the occasion. Have their been many headliners who have missed the mark so spectacularly setlist wise?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Madge plays she's doing the hits.

Has anyone ever headlined and not played their biggest songs?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, mcshed said:

Has Madonna at any point in the last 2 decades produced this mythical bangerfest greatest hits set or does she always stank it up with medleys and new songs that nobody wants to hear?

 

I'm not a fan but would definitely be interested if I'm guaranteed wall to wall hits but my impression is that's not on the cards.

I’d say that the majority of your artists that aren’t guitar based  tend to snip the hits on their tours nowadays. No real evidence other than anecdotal on this mind but thinking back at headliners I’ve watched recently and chat on here you can count Kylie, Madge, Bey, Eminem, The Weeknd, Kanye and Gaga.

The fact that most hits these days include features of artists who probably aren’t gonna be onstage performing the song doesn’t help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Badlands said:

I’d say that the majority of your artists that aren’t guitar based  tend to snip the hits on their tours nowadays. No real evidence other than anecdotal on this mind but thinking back at headliners I’ve watched recently and chat on here you can count Kylie, Madge, Bey, Eminem, The Weeknd, Kanye and Gaga.

The fact that most hits these days include features of artists who probably aren’t gonna be onstage performing the song doesn’t help.

Kanye did pretty much all the hits at G15 tbf. Flashing Lights, Through The Wire and maybe Love Lockdown are the only other hits I can think of that he left out

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/kanye-west/2015/worthy-farm-pilton-england-4bc953de.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

Kanye did pretty much all the hits at G15 tbf. Flashing Lights, Through The Wire and maybe Love Lockdown are the only other hits I can think of that he left out

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/kanye-west/2015/worthy-farm-pilton-england-4bc953de.html

the year i didn't get tickets, still haunts me.

it looked insane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Cure have announced 22 festivals as they have announced Fuji Rock. Bobs Mob said around twenty, each one that’s announced I feel makes it less likely to be Glastonbury and The Cure on the pyramid is something I would be gutted about should it not happen.

If it doesn’t happen, I wonder the two...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Honeybane said:

the year i didn't get tickets, still haunts me.

it looked insane

Depends who you ask. Some people would agree but in the sense that Kanye looked insane. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

I've no idea about madge, but ....

I expected that from bowie in 2000 so I swerved it. Damn! :( 

You swerved a Bowie headline set at Glastonbury?, can't imagine what tempted you from that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

The Cure have announced 22 festivals as they have announced Fuji Rock. Bobs Mob said around twenty, each one that’s announced I feel makes it less likely to be Glastonbury and The Cure on the pyramid is something I would be gutted about should it not happen.

If it doesn’t happen, I wonder the two...

reckon it's likely they've added a few extras to the schedule since he said 'about 20'. I wouldn't take that too literally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Honeybane said:

the year i didn't get tickets, still haunts me.

it looked insane

Apart from the cruel summer bit, it was pretty amazing for any proper Kanye music fans. He did hold my liquor and lost in the world with Justin on stage ! Ah good times 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

aye, and if you want to be completely pedantic, a few of them are debatable as to whether they're necessarily festivals either, Dublin is just a bog-standard outdoor gig.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TiZuff said:

Apart from the cruel summer bit, it was pretty amazing for any proper Kanye music fans. He did hold my liquor and lost in the world with Justin on stage ! Ah good times 

Cruel Summer stuff was great IMO. proper bangers. would have liked New God Flow too.

when he did those 3 Bon Iver/Vernon bits it completely killed the atmosphere and bored me to tears TBH. if Justin wants to warble for 15mins on the Pyramid stage he can save it for his own performance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

reckon it's likely they've added a few extras to the schedule since he said 'about 20'. I wouldn't take that too literally.

I do feel that folk take things a little too literally on here sometimes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hugh Jass said:

I do feel that folk take things a little too literally on here sometimes.

Yes there are a couple of blokes on here who definitely do.

  • Upvote 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

reckon it's likely they've added a few extras to the schedule since he said 'about 20'. I wouldn't take that too literally.

Wasn't taking it literally but the more announced surely makes it a bit less likely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RarerThanDandyB said:

Wasn't taking it literally but the more announced surely makes it a bit less likely.

nah. It's either in their schedule or it isn't. 

And that aside, it would only really be UK shows that would count towards Glasto being less likely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...