rzwodezwo

2019 Headliners

21 minutes ago, Justiceforcedave said:

2009.....The Friday night clash of doom. Neil Young, Doves and Ray Davies. Neil won ;)

3 rows from the front of acoustic for Ray Davies. No regrets.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Justiceforcedave said:

2009.....The Friday night clash of doom. Neil Young, Doves and Ray Davies. Neil won ;)

Yep, same.. Was a tough call but Neil was worth it. 

Edited by Trout Mask Replica

30 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I can use the term rubbish if you prefer?

Each to their own mate. Pisser for you that you didn’t enjoy.

09 delivered for me in spades.

• Upvote 1

I watched start of Neil young and headed over to watch Doves.

Best set I’ve ever seen on JP, possibly one of the best I’ve ever seen on the farm. Great atmosphere and the band nailed it, great night.

Would be happy if Young got another shot as I’d love to see the whole show.

2 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

All this talk of Neil Young and Bruce Springsteen is giving me flashbacks to the most dreary and overrated lineup of the festival's history.

Fishing much??

Saturday night headliner stays secret until the day. 830pm a huge bell gets lowered on the Pyramid and tolls a sombre note. ACDC commence their final world tour...well...a boy can dream, right!? 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, tevaburger said:

I was at the Hyde Park gig w/ Macca too. Little Steven says that was one of their best ever. 

2012, 2013, I think it's a longer late splurge of brilliance. His Summer/August, early Sept finale 2016 is up there with his best. You should buy his 3 NJ shows late August 2016 and play one each over 3 nights. great stuff, I made it to the 3rd/finale, was away on holidays the first 2. 

I have seen Bruce in a number of locations, IOW, Werchter arena, Emirates, but the 2013 set at the Olympic Park was fantastic, Born in the USA was done in full, not my favourite album, but a beautiful summers evening in the Olympic Park a year after the olympics, sun going down over the velodrome. One downside was he did not do Thunder Road.

17 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Each to their own mate. Pisser for you that you didn’t enjoy.

09 delivered for me in spades.

I'm just bitter because I got some bad drugs, ended up running around the site in circles all Friday+Saturday night then was so Ill I didn't get to see Blur.

Good job I didn't do the same thing in 2010 and miss Stevie Wonder. 

1 hour ago, Justiceforcedave said:

It was Q-Tip on WH for me.  Always been a fan and he hardly ever plays over here.

1 hour ago, ogriff said:

3 rows from the front of acoustic for Ray Davies. No regrets.

My choice as well. Would love to see him back again

I went to see Ray on that Friday night as well and have no regrets. Utterly spellbinding set of all the hits, and for my taste better than his much loved Pyramid set the following year. You still had people singing the chorus from Lola an hour later in different parts of the site.

That being said, if Neil Young decides to drop back in on us this year, I can't imagine anything that'd keep me away.

• Upvote 1

Can’t remember what we did on the Friday. Got a feeling that after the Specials, we headed off for a wander instead of watching Neil Young. No regrets about that. 

2 hours ago, Mardy said:

Can’t remember what we did on the Friday. Got a feeling that after the Specials, we headed off for a wander instead of watching Neil Young. No regrets about that. 

We saw him open with Hey Hey My My and then wandered off to watch Q-Tip. Zero regrets.

14 hours ago, Justiceforcedave said:

Ray Davies in the acoustic for me. My absolute favourite set by any artist on any stage in ten Glastonburys. Just amazing.

5 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Been away for a week and lost track, where we at with the most likely contenders so far?

Arcade Fire

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

If Emily's kids are playing on her phone they might be prepared to spill on who the headliners are.

In the Night Garden subbed by Paw Patrol. Could get trippy.

9 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Been away for a week and lost track, where we at with the most likely contenders so far?

Emilys kids