2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

1 hour ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

Am I the only person that isn't interested in seeing Macca?

Nah I'm not bothered. Only good Beatles song is A Day In The Life, only good Macca song is Live And Let Die, but he's got hundreds of songs I'd go out of my way to avoid hearing.

4 minutes ago, Xeph1995 said:

I watched the footage of maccas last time at Glastonbury and the crowd wad so quite the whole set, kinda put me off any thought of going. Not a huge beatles fan to begin with but I thought more people would be singing

Weren't quiet. Was a great night. 

The huge crowd singalong for Hey Jude was a particular highlight.

3 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

I agree with this... so think it’ll be

Fri The Cure

Sat Taylor Swift

Sun Macca

I would imagine Taylor Swift or Lady Gaga at the moment but I suppose Drake or Kendrick Lamar are the other 2.  The great thing is Glastonbury always throw in a curve ball like Kanye 

1 minute ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Cure can’t do Friday they are playing Werchter. So no Friday I’m in Love on Friday unfortunately.

Dammit. Can’t see either of the other 2 doing the Friday. Back to drawing board..... my daughter really wants Swifty, and for that reason so do I. My son wants Stormzy, so with no science or thought, just wishful thinking, I’m now bumping The Cure. It’s now

Stormzy

Swift

Macca.

3 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Dammit. Can’t see either of the other 2 doing the Friday. Back to drawing board..... my daughter really wants Swifty, and for that reason so do I. My son wants Stormzy, so with no science or thought, just wishful thinking, I’m now bumping The Cure. It’s now

Stormzy

Swift

Macca.

Neil has information for The Cure and Macca. So they are pretty much two of three. 

1 hour ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

Am I the only person that isn't interested in seeing Macca?

I enjoyed his '04 set but I feel no need to repeat it.  Janelle Monae clash, please.

Never been the biggest beatles fan or wings let alone his solo stuff, not gonna see him just because he’s a big deal 

45 minutes ago, slash's hat said:

Ha, the t-shirt angle might swing it, as long as it comes in black. Trouble is she researches the hell out of whoever she listens to and you end up hearing fact after fact, and I know zilch about joy division (1 song I could name anyway). She becomes quite indignant with her friends when they can't name beatles or queen band members. Most 13 year olds wouldn't care I imagine. My other daughter is having a Madonna moment, which I can fully get behind.

I asked them about the 1975...didn't have a clue.

Aren't JD the first goth band?I am sure they will do it in black. 

download (6).jpeg

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

Whether you don't know about it isn't really the point. You only have to look at the Tony Bennett thing, where Artpop left her after it came out a while....both that and Joanne took significant dips in her career even in the USA and she topped Coachella purely because they needed a Beyonce replacement.

What's an internet forum got to do with it?, opinions on here aren't of a lot of the outside world but don't get hung up on this because her sales records speak for themselves which are not determined by this forum. She isn't anywhere near the size she was off of Fame and Born this way....it's not even close....I don't dislike her..I'm actually one who wishes I got to her but won't pay then prices and as for stadiums....in the UK I doubt it.

That's literally the point I was making about her relevance dude.

9 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

Really? I'm not a huge Kasabian fan but they absolutely piss on The 1975

Just think they're shocking. First two albums were okay but everything since then sucks, especially 48:13 which is one of the worst albums I've had the displeasure of hearing.

3 hours ago, mufcok said:

The stick that Kasabian get on here is laughable. You'd think all their records had flopped, they hadn't worked their way up the festival and the Pyramid field was empty.

Not really, I don't think many people on here think they were too small or undeserving of the headline slot, we just think their music is terrible. I spent most of the build up to the 2014 announcement parroting that Kasabian were obviously going to headline, and I have no doubt they'll have drawn a decent crowd.

Just like Mumfords were pretty much the biggest band in the world in 2013 and were deserving of headlining. Doesn't mean I don't think they're awful. Same with Sheeran last year. All deserving; all (imo) shite.

1 hour ago, slash's hat said:

Ha, the t-shirt angle might swing it, as long as it comes in black. Trouble is she researches the hell out of whoever she listens to and you end up hearing fact after fact, and I know zilch about joy division (1 song I could name anyway). She becomes quite indignant with her friends when they can't name beatles or queen band members. Most 13 year olds wouldn't care I imagine. My other daughter is having a Madonna moment, which I can fully get behind.

I asked them about the 1975...didn't have a clue.

Haha, great daughter you have, especially as I am a huge Beatles fan myself. Started around age of 14 and more than a decade later I still am. My old man is a fan too, but doesn't know as much as I do and I often have to 'educate' him :P Had few young friends to share it with, sadly. 

What triggered their sudden interest in them? 

23 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Just think they're shocking. First two albums were okay but everything since then sucks, especially 48:13 which is one of the worst albums I've had the displeasure of hearing.

Not really, I don't think many people on here think they were too small or undeserving of the headline slot, we just think their music is terrible. I spent most of the build up to the 2014 announcement parroting that Kasabian were obviously going to headline, and I have no doubt they'll have drawn a decent crowd.

Just like Mumfords were pretty much the biggest band in the world in 2013 and were deserving of headlining. Doesn't mean I don't think they're awful. Same with Sheeran last year. All deserving; all (imo) shite.

Can't disagree on that, I'd actually (luckily) forgotten about that album. Some of the lyrics are atrocious.

I don't want to see them headline again personally, but largely down to the amount of time they've been around (and they still have a giant following), I still think they're better band than The 1975. 

28 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

I've been meaning to ask summat about his performance which didn't warrant a new thread:

I watched one of those "vids to show newbies" the other day, and there was some clips of Sheeran, snippets of about 8 tracks - Was it LITERALLY him and the acoustic for the entire set? The odd bit of percussion? It sounded like the most boring sack of cack ever. I know a video on a mobile isn't a great example of what a gig sounds like.