2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

3 hours ago, MetaKate said:

I just listened to "chocolate" 

Is this real?

I get that they might have a following.... but they surely cant be headlining? Do they put on a show or something? 

I dont get it, but hopefully Robyn will be headlining any stage at the same time.

One of the most grating pop songs I've heard in recent years. Woeful. Luckily since then they've made a lot better tracks. I'd be amazed and a little disappointed if they are to headline. It would highlight how weak the industry is for me, personally.

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

And so is FATM and hugely more relevant. In the UK at least....it has taken Bradley Cooper...an actor to make Gaga relevant again bar her dedicated fans. And I was a fan.

I don't know about "make her relevant again" to be honest. She's massive, and was massive before this film. Maybe to folk who weren't particularly bothered about her, or a population of some people on an internet forum.

5 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

One of the most grating pop songs I've heard in recent years. Woeful. Luckily since then they've made a lot better tracks. I'd be amazed and a little disappointed if they are to headline. It would highlight how weak the industry is for me, personally.

How in anyway does it highlight how “weak” the “industry” is?

5 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

Maybe it just highlights that you’re not a fan of main stream pop?

8 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Why is it him that's made her relevant again and not her own role in the film/soundtrack?

If I could upvote this twice, I would.

Any talk of Gaga not being headline material sounds nonsense to me. She’s got to be one of the biggest selling female artists of all time.

6 hours ago, Harry Austin said:

Likelihood of Weezer playing? Seen them cropping up in a few people’s stage predictions

They seem to be around next year (playing Spain in early July) so there's a chance for sure. Hopefully since they've been on the European festival circuit a few times now in the past decade without playing increases their chances.

Wonder about Pixies as well? They don't have anything announced for Europe yet next summer but fingers crossed they both show up!

Also, more on topic - just read an NME article basically ripped from this forum and they listed ABBA, Bruce and LDR among the rumoured headliners. Who exactly has rumoured those three ? they pull it out of their arse.

Edited by jparx

10 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

They're certainly better than previous first time headliners such as Kasabian and Mumford and Sons.

The stick that Kasabian get on here is laughable. You'd think all their records had flopped, they hadn't worked their way up the festival and the Pyramid field was empty.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, thesecretingredientiscrime said:

How in anyway does it highlight how “weak” the “industry” is?

Because in my opinion, and I'm pretty sure it would be the opinion of 1000s of others, they would be an extremely weak booking, and if that's the best that's out there for a headline slot, it isn't a great state of affairs.

I don't hate the band, they have some good stuff. But to headline? Shit me.

Having said that, if they are headlining I'll simply go somewhere else, not an issue! 

Edited by Stokesy10

10 hours ago, Doug85 said:

Mumfords standing tickets are £65.... really!? And what in the name of fuck is a "gentlemen of the road" ticket and which stupid twat pays £140 for it. 

Sometimes I'm quite glad music like this bypasses me even if it does make me feel old as fuck. 

That Post Malone thing, I have no idea what it is, is charging £70-75 a ticket for standing. All three arena shows sold out instantly.

The guy has had two albums out and the ticket prices are astronomical. I'm presuming he has massive production, as from what I saw on Reading & Leeds highlights it's just him and a DJ. I'm old.

7 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Because in my opinion, and I'm pretty sure it would be the opinion of 1000s of others, they would be an extremely weak booking, and if that's the best that's out there for a headline slot, it isn't a great state of affairs.

Having said that, if they are headlining I'll simply go somewhere else, not an issue! 

Fair enough. 

They’re not my cup of tea either, but if any band is deserving of a bump up I’d say it’s them. 

They’ll draw a much bigger crowd than The Cure that’s for sure. 

7 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Weak booking how?

Theyve had two records out. Both been number one. One of them has been number one in America as well. They sell hundreds of thousands of tickets across the world. Their records get critically acclaimed and have been listed as albums of the year etc.

Just say you don’t like them. It’s fine. I’m not a massive fan. To call them a weak booking is wrong in any sense. 

If they don’t headline, it will show how strong the “industry” is. I can’t think of the last act that was three records in, selling records and consecutively topping the charts here and having number ones in America and selling out arena after arena?

8 minutes ago, thesecretingredientiscrime said:

Weak booking how?

Theyve had two records out. Both been number one. One of them has been number one in America as well. They sell hundreds of thousands of tickets across the world. Their records get critically acclaimed and have been listed as albums of the year etc.

Just say you don’t like them. It’s fine. I’m not a massive fan. To call them a weak booking is wrong in any sense. 

If they don’t headline, it will show how strong the “industry” is. I can’t think of the last act that was three records in, selling records and consecutively topping the charts here and having number ones in America and selling out arena after arena?

Very fair points, maybe I'm vastly underestimating them. As I said, I don't hate them, and I've given their albums a good blast, I just can't see them being headliners and don't think it'll be them. Can fully understand a sub slot.

Just now, SwedgeAntilles said:

Macca's an absolutely huge booking for me. 

Seeing him live is one of my top five all time gigs, and that was at a shite venue like Hampden. Getting to see him again on the farm has potential to be my favourite gig/Glastonbury moment.

Never seen him and I'm a huge Beatles fan. I would be ecstatic!

10 minutes ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

Am I the only person that isn't interested in seeing Macca?

I enjoyed his '04 set but I feel no need to repeat it.  Janelle Monae clash, please.

Nope you are not alone. Unfortunately my daughter's current beatles phase will mean I am likely to have to see it. Unless I can swerve her from beatles between now and then. Have explained if he's there it won't all be beatles stuff, showed her the video posted on here where sounds rough, but to no avail so far. 

• Downvote 1

Just now, SwedgeAntilles said:

Macca's an absolutely huge booking for me. 

Seeing him live is one of my top five all time gigs, and that was at a shite venue like Hampden. Getting to see him again on the farm has potential to be my favourite gig/Glastonbury moment.

But it’s not the Paul McCartney. His voice has aged and doesn’t sound good. I know it’s the fact it’s him but I think he is past it. You can’t expect somebody that old to sound how they did and when it comes to this I don’t feel he deserves this since he is going to have people saying nasty comments. 

Just now, slash's hat said:

Nope you are not alone. Unfortunately my daughter's current beatles phase will mean I am likely to have to see it. Unless I can swerve her from beatles between now and then. Have explained if he's there it won't all be beatles stuff, showed her the video posted on here where sounds rough, but to no avail so far. 

You need to get her into the Cure phase.