2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

4 minutes ago, Jamesthedrake said:

That Twitter girl we've reference a few times has just tweeted that the rumoured act she'd mentioned is now no longer appearing, and that it's a boring band now instead. 

Still not sure how much credence to put into what she says, but interesting nonetheless.

Haha no way!!! Well, there we go...it's basically set in stone. Although, annoyingly, it means we'll never figure out who the random artist was that we "weren't gonna like"

Edited by Sasperella

5 minutes ago, Jamesthedrake said:

That Twitter girl we've reference a few times has just tweeted that the rumoured act she'd mentioned is now no longer appearing, and that it's a boring band now instead. 

Still not sure how much credence to put into what she says, but interesting nonetheless.

They asked Gaga and have ended up with The Killers ?

4 minutes ago, jparx said:

They asked Gaga and have ended up with The Killers ?

Nooooooo! This is why it would be better to know...so we could hopefully console ourselves that it was never Gaga in the first place

4 minutes ago, priest17 said:

It's better if you accidentally miss some letters, Pulp would be great.

:lol:

5 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

not sure how repeating a well-publicised rumour on here makes something "set in stone"?

she originally said McCartney had cancelled, which looks quite unlikely now, and more like he was never booked for G/BST at all.

I know....I was being a bit tongue in cheek because of all the analysis we've done on her tweets before. I always forget it doesn't work unless you stick an emoji at the end. My bad :) However, I do believe the rumours (even if I'm not too excited by them)

Edited by Sasperella

2 hours ago, sisco said:

Does anyone keep getting kicked out of the site from pop ups?? 

Apologies for the inconvenience.

The ad-house believe they've tracked this down and it should stop soon.

If you're still getting problems, please alert me directly rather than posting in a thread. I can't do anything if I don't see there's a problem.

Just now, eFestivals said:

Apologies for the inconvenience.

The ad-house believe they've tracked this down and it should stop soon.

If you're still getting problems, please alert me directly rather than posting in a thread. I can't do anything if I don't see there's a problem.

Apologies mate, will do in future.  And thanks. 

Does this info not raise any eyebrows ie Liam subbing Killers on the Saturday as we thought? 

Or was this just guesswork going off him appearing with them somewhere last year? 

Liam subbing Cure Saturday or Liam subbing Killers/TBC Sunday? Prominence wise ye Liam will get a hell of a lot of BBC viewers and draw a huge crowd subbing either night. But the more I think about it the more I see him as a Sunday keep-the-locals-happy and viewers at home kinda act.

Just now, bombfrog said:

Could anybody summarise the last 797 pages for me? What's the most up-to-date guess as to who's headlining the top few stages? Apart from Stormzy is anybody else nailed on for a headliner slot?

The Cure and The Killers.  Not 100% on days yet

17 minutes ago, sisco said:

The Cure and The Killers.  Not 100% on days yet

17 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Stormzy - Cure - Killers is the current thinking.

Ta.

Stormzy I'll probably see, The Cure I'd see if they were on earlier in the day and the Killers can get in the bin. Lots of other things to do though.

Edited by bombfrog