2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

7 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Latitude headliners are George Ezra, Snow Patrol and Lana Del Rey. 

Stokes is still on ?

Looks like they got them on exclusive then which makes it seem more real.

Edited by RarerThanDandyB
Wrong Pronoun

2 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Does this take LDR out the running as a potential sub? I can never remember if there's much crossover with Latitude 

I think there's quite often one Latitude headliner at Glastonbury but I'm not sure if there's ever been more than one. Let's hope for Lana rather than George Ezra but I wouldn't be surprised if none of them played.

1 minute ago, y0ungtitan said:

So assuming The Strokes are playing a UK festival, where else does that leave them to play other than Glasto? Just APE/Hyde Park? Could they do a Finsbury Park date?

They wouldn't do Hyde Park after the last time and APE is prior to coming to Europe so I doubt that also.

4 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I think there's quite often one Latitude headliner at Glastonbury but I'm not sure if there's ever been more than one. Let's hope for Lana rather than George Ezra but I wouldn't be surprised if none of them played.

Makes 2 x Gallagher and Gambino more likely for subs.

A lot of us had Ezra down for third on the Sunday, not sure he'd play that slot now considering he's headlining two other festivals that month (think he's also headlining Victorious or something similar - too lazy to check).

Edited by Hugh Jass

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

A lot of us had Ezra down for third on the Sunday, not sure he'd play that slot now considering he's headlining two other festivals that monthj (think he's also headlining Victorious or something similar - too lazy to check).

Very true. Think he’d have to sub now if he agreed to play at all. When we used to say about Sheeran playing third down or Ellie Goulding, they’d weren’t headlining fests like this.

He’s a future fucking headliner though, sadly. Maybe they’ll keep powder dry for that.

Edited by dentalplan

8 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Yeah heaflining Latitude certainly doesn't rule anyone out (New Order did it in 2016), but I think George Ezra is only headlining festivals so far so hopefully that does rule him out.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Very true. Think he’d have to sub now. When we used to say about Sheeran playing third down or Ellie Goulding, they’d weren’t headlining fests like this.

He’s a future fucking headliner though, sadly. Maybe they’ll keep powder dry for that.

You reckon? I can't see him getting any bigger than he is now, but then I think I said that before his second album came out so could easily be wrong. Did he even have any hit singles on this album? I'm surprised it took him to such large gigs/festival placings as I don't think I heard anything from it.

2 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

You reckon? I can't see him getting any bigger than he is now, but then I think I said that before his second album came out so could easily be wrong. Did he even have any hit singles on this album? I'm surprised it took him to such large gigs/festival placings as I don't think I heard anything from it.

Shotgun got to number 1 in the charts and has been fucking inescapable. You definitely will’ve heard it.

Just now, kingcrawler said:

At the moment I’m thinking Liam Gallagher, Childish Gambino and The 1975 as subs. Would be a very strong trio.

Any reason for The 1975 being back in the frame or just a stab in the dark?

3 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Two of the biggest songs of last year. You seriously not heard Shotgun? That was much bigger than Budapest was even.