Liam Gallagher

plaskins

9 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

The right thing to do. Leave bubblegum pop for the masses and watch Liam G and hope the other ex Oasis members on site also join in.

You're nuttier than squirrel turd if you think Oasis are getting back together at 5pm on the other stage 

5 minutes ago, swede said:

http://www.nme.com/news/music/liam-gallagher-wall-of-glass-interview-2082053 

Hell of a tune, couldn't care less if he's drafted in song writers if the songs are that quality. 

Can't say I agree. Seems like he is still stuck in the 90's. So simple and boring, song sounds like a tune you would always skip on a mediocre Oasis album.

14 minutes ago, Anarion said:

Can't say I agree. Seems like he is still stuck in the 90's. So simple and boring, song sounds like a tune you would always skip on a mediocre Oasis album.

There's certainly some interesting stuff going on in the music at times that I picked up on that you wouldn't hear on oasis tracks, I had it turned up mighty loud though so I could give it a really good listen 

5 hours ago, jonodillieono said:

The fuck is this thread?

'Beady eye where too good musically'

Whatever youre smoking I want some

I'm referring to their musicianship. They had crap material but they played it very well from a technical perspective and that same talent sucked most of the soul from latter day Oasis shows. Early Oasis with Bonehead and Guigs playing rudimentary power chords and root bass notes was much better.

Edited by Monkismo

Heads up for anyone looking on eBay for London LG tix. I bid on a pair earlier but they were taken down an hour before auction ends. Then I got message off the guy saying eBay mysteriously took them down, and did i still want them. Could be legit, might not be. He also said he couldn't get name changed and there would be no problem getting in. I'm swerving that! 

8 minutes ago, Bonaneas said:

Heads up for anyone looking on eBay for London LG tix. I bid on a pair earlier but they were taken down an hour before auction ends. Then I got message off the guy saying eBay mysteriously took them down, and did i still want them. Could be legit, might not be. He also said he couldn't get name changed and there would be no problem getting in. I'm swerving that! 

You can't sell tickets on Ebay, that's why. All listings get removed. Ebay own Stubhub (and made this move in about 2012??)

I wouldn't touch them without Paypal protection. That name change stuff... yeah jog on!

Edited by briddj

5 minutes ago, Bonaneas said:

Couldn't say whether that guy is legit or not, but eBay have been stopping people selling gig tickets on there for years now. They do take down ticket listings, they've got StubHub to rip people off instead.

1 minute ago, Bonaneas said:

I thought that too, that it all migrated to stubhub. All the other auctions on eBay  I've watched last day or so went through to the end though. Bizarre. 

Another reason to steer clear! 

It think it depends when they are spotted - some on Buy It Now will still get through etc. Some might get away with a one day listing perhaps.

1 minute ago, addicted2noise said:

Yeah it starts good but there's no real chorus. His vocals sound good though, be interesting to see how it does. 

I could not agree more with you mate.

As I said last night though, his solo stuff only has to be half decent with the promise of Oasis tunes being played as well.

2 hours ago, addicted2noise said:

Yeah it starts good but there's no real chorus. His vocals sound good though, be interesting to see how it does. 

Spot on; he has such a great voice and I get the feeling he needs his brother back on board to make it truly soar again with a killer chorus or bridge

13 minutes ago, Padgey said:

No giveaway from him on Radio X this morning, we got the standard "if they ask me I'd like to"!

Wasn't a no though was it either - he's clearly playing, as you'd think he'd know he's supposed to be a festival exlusive. If he'd have said no, then we could have been thrown right off kilter.

2 minutes ago, briddj said:

Wasn't a no though was it either - he's clearly playing, as you'd think he'd know he's supposed to be a festival exlusive. If he'd have said no, then we could have been thrown right off kilter.

Defo, I got the impression it was a yes but he just couldn't say yet.

I'm not sure if he's sold all the tickets for his gigs but I think it may get officially announced after he's done them.