Liam Gallagher

plaskins

14 hours ago, Bonaneas said:

Me too. Just tried on eBay for London and my bids pushed it from 185 to 230. Someone must have a huge hidden bid. I'll weigh up in morning when it expires before going any bigger. Reckon it'll be £500 minimum. 

Watch out buying tickets off a tout. The Ritz were very strict on the photographic ID thing. We were queuing for an hour and they were turning people away who had tickets on other people's names until they could prove that they knew the ticket buyer. I even saw two teenagers turned away cos the tickets were in their Dad's name.

Great gig though. It's hard to judge the new tunes at the moment because the sound was so loud that the bass and drums completely drowned out any melody or lyrics, but there's definitely some progress from Beady Eye and I can see a couple (Paper Crown in particular) really going down well. And the band were tight as hell. Former Babyshamble / Pete Doherty bassist was on bass and backing vocals and did the Noel bits on the Oasis songs really well. If you shut your eyes, it was as close to watching Oasis in 1997 as you could possibly get, with a good dose of tinnitus thrown in.

4 minutes ago, JackMcAuley said:

dont think thats Jeff on guitar mate. its Jay Mehler

It was. Drew McConnell on bass as well. Not sure who the other guys were though.

19 minutes ago, Monkismo said:

Watch out buying tickets off a tout. The Ritz were very strict on the photographic ID thing. We were queuing for an hour and they were turning people away who had tickets on other people's names until they could prove that they knew the ticket buyer. I even saw two teenagers turned away cos the tickets were in their Dad's name.

Great gig though. It's hard to judge the new tunes at the moment because the sound was so loud that the bass and drums completely drowned out any melody or lyrics, but there's definitely some progress from Beady Eye and I can see a couple (Paper Crown in particular) really going down well. And the band were tight as hell. Former Babyshamble / Pete Doherty bassist was on bass and backing vocals and did the Noel bits on the Oasis songs really well. If you shut your eyes, it was as close to watching Oasis in 1997 as you could possibly get, with a good dose of tinnitus thrown in.

Thanks for the heads up mate. This looked kosher enough as guy said you had to go in with him as lead booker. He's bought 2 and a friend pulled out. Ticket went for £310 which I'd have stretched too but overslept and missed end of auction. Ah well. I'll keep on looking. 

Watched it on live stream and he did sound bang on form, in all ways. Hope to fook he's at the farm for that secret slot!

30 minutes ago, Bonaneas said:

Thanks for the heads up mate. This looked kosher enough as guy said you had to go in with him as lead booker. He's bought 2 and a friend pulled out. Ticket went for £310 which I'd have stretched too but overslept and missed end of auction. Ah well. I'll keep on looking. 

Watched it on live stream and he did sound bang on form, in all ways. Hope to fook he's at the farm for that secret slot!

Mate pulled out. :lol:

45 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

Can't be arsed going back through loads of pages. Did people see him live? Was he any good? I loved Oasis but I have to say after Beady Eye's less than stellar output I'm surprised people still care about this guy.

If you liked Oasis you won't be disappointed. One thing I found annoying about latter Oasis and Beady Eye was that they were almost too good musically in that they often sounded a bit too polished, which was never the point in the original lineup. The new band just brick walled the sound so tunes like Slide Away, Do you know what I mean and Be Here Now sounded as full on as they did in the nineties.

I think the new tunes will stand up, certainly over the Beady Eye stuff. They didn't seem to rely too heavily on cliche Lennon rip offs with primary school lyrics. This is a whole different beast but still with Liam's growl but it was hard to make a full judgement when the sound was so loud that you couldn't really hear the melodies. But the songs finished like proper songs where Beady Eye tunes just sort of came to an end with no real direction. If that makes sense?

12 minutes ago, brighton1983 said:

Sold my London tickets as couldn't make it (glad he's at glastonbury though !). Resold tickets and just contacted see Tickets who changed lead name to the buyers name. Wouldn't buy tickets outside the venue. 

Good shout. Ive Asked the guy selling a pair on eBay if he'd do this. 

If anyone else has a spare or two I'll gladly take them off your hands for a handsome reward ! 

1 minute ago, Bonaneas said:

Good shout. Ive Asked the guy selling a pair on eBay if he'd do this. 

If anyone else has a spare or two I'll gladly take them off your hands for a handsome reward ! 

I think it's great that See have got involved in the resale market. They seem to be doing it honestly by only reselling at face value (plus admin fee) if you originally bought through them. Wish Ticketmaster would do the same.

16 minutes ago, fernandomassuy said:

Leave some to me, big Oasis fan but Beady Eye were pretty crap live back in 2011. Liam last night looked good, think he can put a good show in ~3 weeks

My thoughts too, he looks bang up for it unlike he did with beady eye, almost felt he was doing because he thought that's what people wanted back then, not what he wanted!

this on the other hand seems real and exciting can't remember him ever really plugging the beady eye stuff the way he is this solo stuff and no where to hide solo! Sounded good looked stage ready! One act that I'm really looking forward too seeing 

5 hours ago, somecoolusername said:

He's on bass and Jeff Wootton of Beady Eye/Noel Gallagher/Gorillaz is on guitar. Currently playing with Gorillaz as well - busy man! 

He's also in his own band, YOTA. What a busy guy!