Liam Gallagher

plaskins

12 hours ago, eastynh said:

Find it a little funny that there has not been a murmur out of Noel yet in regards to Liams solo career, new tunes or use of Oasis tunes.

He is usually very quick to criticise everyone else. 

Think he'd look a bit stupid if he did though

He might have written them but most Oasis songs, particularly the ones in Liam's set along with some others, were made by Liam's vocals. They've both got the right to be singing them. Think it would be a bit odd if Liam starting singing some of the ones Noel sang originally but I imagine that's why they aren't in his set

Edited by mufcok

On 01/06/2017 at 9:13 AM, eastynh said:

I think they sold out instantly mate. They seem to be changing hands for silly money. The difference now betwwen his return and the demise of Beady Eye is astonishing. Beady Eyes last gig in Manchester at the Academy failed to sell out I think (in his defence it was the same night as Depeche Mode at the MEN and Happy Mondays at the Ritz).

The turn around has been quite astonishing.

Give it time.  Once people realise his voice is still banjaxed and his new material sounds like Hootie and the Blowfish the kettle will soon go back off the boil.

10 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Give it time.  Once people realise his voice is still banjaxed and his new material sounds like Hootie and the Blowfish the kettle will soon go back off the boil.

I doubt it. People still think beautiful thing by the Roses is a good song. Liam will be treated like the secong coming now that public perception has changed.

1 minute ago, eastynh said:

I doubt it. People still think beautiful thing by the Roses is a good song. Liam will be treated like the secong coming now that public perception has changed.

They do?*  

How has public perception changed, exactly?  Tickets for intimate gigs in the run up to release being like gold dust isn't a surprise.  If you want to draw a like for like comparison with Beady Eye, let's see how his second album does.

*And given the way that I've been spammed with ads for cheapo tickets for Hampden I dunno if Ian Rose and the lads are a decent example of sustained success.

9 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

*And given the way that I've been spammed with ads for cheapo tickets for Hampden I dunno if Ian Rose and the lads are a decent example of sustained success.

i really don't think they can get away with gigs of the current scale (outside of Manchester) anymore after this year without a new album. People have done it now.

Just now, briddj said:

i really don't think they can get away with gigs of the current scale (outside of Manchester) anymore after this year without a new album. People have done it now.

They're in a bit of a pickle.  Basically, everyone who want to see them has already done so, at least once - and with the new material being a write off they're hampered by the fact that their back catalogue is so small.  Five years ago if you'd told me there was a Stone Roses concert happening in Glasgow and I wasn't bothering to go I'd have thought you were crackers.

7 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

They're in a bit of a pickle.  Basically, everyone who want to see them has already done so, at least once - and with the new material being a write off they're hampered by the fact that their back catalogue is so small.  Five years ago if you'd told me there was a Stone Roses concert happening in Glasgow and I wasn't bothering to go I'd have thought you were crackers.

Yeah, I'll be going to Wembley in a couple of weeks, but I considered not going really. It's not "an event" anymore.

Edited by briddj

I'm going Wembley, treating it as the last time I'll ever see them as I can't see it going on past these gigs now. To be honest as much as I love them I won't be overly arsed if it doesn't, unless more new material is gonna drop. I thought I'd never get to see them and I now have numerous times in venues big and small, can't grumble.

From what I understand with Liam, he will be play the big arena's off the back of the album...

The new song is ok, which is a lot better than I was expecting. I had a peek at the set list from Brixton and it's good, if his voice is up to the task but I suspect it isn't. Or maybe it might be for the start of the tour. Might go for a look if he's playing though.

35 minutes ago, uscore said:

If he wasn't TBA, as 4th down on the Other,  if he was just a regular on-the-poster performer, where would you place him?   Would he still be 4th on the Other or a more prestigious slot?  

Just nestled above Ed Sheeran.

2 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Fwiw I really like the new single :ph34r:

I'm majorly fucked off at the impending Katy Perry clash though, as my wife really wants to see her.

Yep me too. He was really really good in London too, so I'll definitely be seeing him 

Saturday Other TBA confirmed to be Liam then. Bit gutted as I was getting my hopes up that he was gonna be the JP TBA which would've meant I could see him but ah well. Sure it'll go down a hell of a lot better than his last visit to the farm - judging by some of the videos I've seen he's sounding the best he has for a long long time.