Liam Gallagher

plaskins

I was firmly on the Katy Perry train but considering how shit her new stuff is and how good Liam sounds lately I'm more up for this, I think. Could be shite, could be excellent but I reckon he's gonna play a few Oasis tunes and with a British crowd (only saw Noel in Belgium once) I'm sure it's going to be fun. 

4 hours ago, briddj said:

There is NO CHANCE Noel will be on stage with Liam.

Nil, zero, zilch.

This - there's absolutely no way, ever, that Noel's ego will allow him to walk onto a stage under a banner that says 'Liam Gallagher' - and vice versa for Liam coming on for a few surprise songs if it were Noel that was playing.

5 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I look forward to the mass exodus at 21.15 when everyone realises that Noel literally just say hello and they're watching a film at headliner time.

I actually have planned to go just to see Noel and then fuck off to watch Dizzee Rascal because I have Supersonic on blu ray.

40 minutes ago, rzwodezwo said:

I was firmly on the Katy Perry train but considering how shit her new stuff is and how good Liam sounds lately I'm more up for this, I think. Could be shite, could be excellent but I reckon he's gonna play a few Oasis tunes and with a British crowd (only saw Noel in Belgium once) I'm sure it's going to be fun. 

He'll play the 5 he's played at each fest so far.

6 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I look forward to the mass exodus at 21.15 when everyone realises that Noel literally just say hello and they're watching a film at headliner time.

Yep.  There's no point in going to see that, really.

Maybe he plays a couple songs?? It would make sense though  I doubt it.

26 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

No idea - but an intro track and 14 songs plus chat is well over an hour.

Don't think London was much more than 1hr 15 mins with a small encore.  Reckon he'll have to cut 2 from that list.

2 hours ago, henry bear said:

Wonder why he's limiting Oasis material to the first 3 albums? Thought he might have done Songbird at least.

No idea, but it's nice to see a couple of Be Here Now tracks in the setlist at the moment. Noel has erased that album from his memory when choosing his sets :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2017 at 11:35 PM, plaskins said:

No idea, but it's nice to see a couple of Be Here Now tracks in the setlist at the moment. Noel has erased that album from his memory when choosing his sets :rolleyes:

Think that's specifically why he's been doing them - Liam was always a fan of the album. Noel was slagging it off by the end of 1997.

18 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Haha I was just watching back on iplayer and noticed that!

I don't care what anyone says, I had a fucking good time at LG.

Yeah, I had a great time. A privilege to hear him sing Don't Look Back In Anger for the first time. Only let down was the sound wasn't great on the Other stage. Think they forgot to turn the volume up. New songs are sounding good live. There has been an obvious improvement in his voice at the start of this solo tour, good to see he does care about it and it trying to look after it.