Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Heard from? Looks like we may not find out what the big secret is as soon as we'd thought/hoped if that's the case :lol:

Nah even without the big secret we surely knew this would be the case? Other opener if there is one, Park secret sets such as The xx who a lot of us are expecting, as well as others spread through the line-up like we always get.

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Heard from? Looks like we may not find out what the big secret is as soon as we'd thought/hoped if that's the case :lol:

Same source  that gave me the heads up on the initial poster release a couple of years back so should be legit.

Well we don't know the full line-ups for the Pyramid, Other, Park and John Peel stages yet, so we can expect quite a lot of acts for them that weren't on the first poster, and these will most likely be pretty high profile acts. We also don't know who the Legend slot will be on Sunday, which is by definition someone big, and there are many smaller stages with lineups that will only come out with the full poster. So lots still to play for (and to add to our overstocked clashageddon nightmares).

1 hour ago, billum said:

Well we don't know the full line-ups for the Pyramid, Other, Park and John Peel stages yet, so we can expect quite a lot of acts for them that weren't on the first poster, and these will most likely be pretty high profile acts. We also don't know who the Legend slot will be on Sunday, which is by definition someone big, and there are many smaller stages with lineups that will only come out with the full poster. So lots still to play for (and to add to our overstocked clashageddon nightmares).

Yup. This. For some, the final poster will bring some absolute gems, but I'm being pessimistic about there being any 'top class' announcements. Mostly cos it'll make it a better surprise when they do reveal some big names :D

Clash finder is gonna be the biggest mind-fuck going. Never had any problems in previous Glasto's, but this ones gonna be a right old fok. Worse problems to have eh?

8 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

@Andeeroo where are you?

I'm here. Ready to fulfil my one true calling in life.

8 hours ago, ElliotW88 said:

First timer question...when the full annoucement comes are many other acts expected (seems almost all stages have been announced?) or is it more about the times?

Here's the list of bands who we didn't get on the initial poster but were added when the full line-up was announced:

:)

The T&C lineup coming on the 1st has me wondering if it'll be end of this week/beginning of next for the full lineup.  

According to the Thingy, T&C have announced their lineup before the full drop the last few years, so I suspect that trend will continue, unless the tweet from the Cabaret tent was relating to the full drop of course.

Yeah I reckon T&C may now come after the full drop, it'll be given as much of an importance to be honest as whichever one was done after WH and that's a main one. It might have been switched around due to the silence with Manchester but I can't imagine Eavis would just want that date now and not just randomly drop it.