2017 New Music Thread

Amy Lawn

30 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Fleetwood Mac are re-releasing Tango In The Night in March. with unreleased b-sides and demos on it. What are the rules on this kind of thing? I wouldnt want to upset the 'new music' gods.

Unreleased b-sides ⊂ New Music. 

You're alright.

Edited by Tuna

3 hours ago, HoTWire said:

Febueder have a new tune (which means a new album I believe), they are a little like a slightly more pop-esque Foals, I really liked their last couple of EPs

Thanks for that! Was trying to remember these guys' name. 

If you like them, check out The Cads. They're not new (or even still around) but they're very much like early Foals and Febueder iirc

7 minutes ago, nikkic said:

What new albums are out tomorrow then? Anything good out?

I always check this out every Thursday evening http://www.resident-music.com/collection&path=21771

Tinariwen should be decent & Jesca Hoop is getting good reviews 

Edited by MattDavies__

4 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I was a big fan of the first album and I thought they were great in the JPT in 2015 but I can't say this track is doing much for me. 

Yeah it's just as pedestrian as the lead single, sadly. They've given up jangle and turned the amps up a bit, I can't see it really working out for them as it's what people liked about them.

7 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah it's just as pedestrian as the lead single, sadly. They've given up jangle and turned the amps up a bit, I can't see it really working out for them as it's what people liked about them.

Aye very true. Will wait and see how the album sounds but it's not looking promising based on those tracks 

8 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I gave up on them after seeing them live. Shouting at the crowd to sit down and get ready to go nuts. Embarrassing stuff. Didn't help that I was one of the oldest in the room at 28 either.