Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

8 minutes ago, nodolphie said:

Texas have a new album and are touring with nothing on Glastonbury weekend.  They're doing Carfest so are doing at least some festivals.

http://www.texas.uk.com/

Wonder if they'll show up this time, can't remember what happened in 2015(?) when they were scheduled but didn't play.

They were on site as they did a session for Chris Evans from Glastonbury and Sharleen made some Instagram posts.  I think one of them was ill.

I was hoping they would reappear this year to make up for it.  That was a wasted trek from John Peel to Acoustic when I could have watched Father John Misty or Jessie Ware instead.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, RyanS said:

They were on site as they did a session for Chris Evans from Glastonbury and Sharleen made some Instagram posts.  I think one of them was ill.

I was hoping they would reappear this year to make up for it.  That was a wasted trek from John Peel to Acoustic when I could have watched Father John Misty or Jessie Ware instead.

Pure speculation as it comes from a taxi driver who told my aunty while she was being driven back to her B&B that day, but apparently when it came to light that they were playing a mid afternoon Acoustic slot they spat their dummy out. 

51 minutes ago, nodolphie said:

Texas have a new album and are touring with nothing on Glastonbury weekend.  They're doing Carfest so are doing at least some festivals.

http://www.texas.uk.com/

Wonder if they'll show up this time, can't remember what happened in 2015(?) when they were scheduled but didn't play.

Hope so....probably be a must see for me as I don't really want to pay for what I want to see.

40 minutes ago, RyanS said:

I remember is coming through on Secretglasto and as much as I didn't to waste the journey it was still shit.

15 hours ago, Badlands said:

Bananarama have got half a dozen belters to knock out. Robert De Niro’s Waiting is a stone cold classic, no messing.

I know people thought Shakespeare's Sister were a bit of a joke because it had "that girl from Bananarama" in it, but for me it went the other way - I thought Stay was a really interesting, powerful, slightly weird song, which made me take a second look at Bananarama.

14 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

we've got two ravey-types orchestras touring festivals this summer, one of the sex pistols has done punk with an orchestra, and now we have DJ Spoony doing UK Garage with an orchestra.

Does anyone think acts are running out of ideas? :D

the opposite if anything, they're thinking of more and more ideas to make money out of gigs/people.