Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

On 4/21/2017 at 3:34 PM, billum said:

Singer Lias Saoudi and guitarist Saul Adamczewski are appearing as part of The Moonlandingz - I'd say it'd be unlikely to appear as part of both bands in one fest wouldn't it?

BTW the Moonz played Oxford this week and by all accounts (I wasn't there but my son was) they were incredible! Must see!!

Saul stopped playing with Moonlandingz about a year ago and stopped playing with Fat Whites after the Brixton gig in September. Fat Whites haven't done anything since Brixton if I'm right and its seems Lias is dedicating the whole summer to touring with the Moonlandingz so FWF are very unlikely imo. I wouldn't rule out more than 1 Moonlandingz show though. 

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, DGrant261 said:

Saul stopped playing with Moonlandingz about a year ago and stopped playing with Fat Whites after the Brixton gig in September. Fat Whites haven't done anything since Brixton if I'm right and its seems Lias is dedicating the whole summer to touring with the Moonlandingz so FWF are very unlikely imo. I wouldn't rule out more than 1 Moonlandingz show though. 

Ah, interesting update, thanks Mr G! More than 1 Moonlandingz gig gets my hopes up too!

On 4/21/2017 at 2:18 PM, Tommy101 said:

Too soon for Fat White Family to be back? I saw them by accident on the hell stage a while back whilst the sun was rising, it was quite surreal. So much energy in the crowd for that time of night/morning. 

That was great, one of my highlights. If I remember Lias was only on stage for about 10 seconds and spent the entire gig on the barrier being held up by the crowd. Hoping for a similar Moonlandingz slot.

On 22/04/2017 at 8:53 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

This has obviously passed me by.  We're talking about the same guy, right?

Richard Ashcroft is on tour at the moment as well.  Just saw him at Birmingham Barclaycard Arena last Thursday.  Good show but arena about 25% full.

He's playing Castlefield Bowl on 30th June and Brixton Academy on 1st July.  Quite possibly playing Glastonbury but announcement held back until after last week's arena tour.

2 minutes ago, RyanS said:

Richard Ashcroft is on tour at the moment as well.  Just saw him at Birmingham Barclaycard Arena last Thursday.  Good show but arena about 25% full.

He's playing Castlefield Bowl on 30th June and Brixton Academy on 1st July.  Quite possibly playing Glastonbury but announcement held back until after last week's arena tour.

How were Black Grape? Were the new songs any cop?

3 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I saw them at leeds on saturday, im a big fan but thought they were a bit all over the place and Shaun was carried by Kermit, still enjoyed them though, the new songs sounded really good and better than some of the old stuff. 

3 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I saw them at leeds on saturday, im a big fan but thought they were a bit all over the place and Shaun was carried by Kermit, still enjoyed them though, the new songs sounded really good and better than some of the old stuff. 

Edited by craigyb31
Double post

24 minutes ago, craigyb31 said:

Good stuff. Can't wait to hear the new tunes.

Fuck knows how Shaun Ryder has ended up supporting Richard Ashcroft. It just does not seem right.

35 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Good stuff. Can't wait to hear the new tunes.

Fuck knows how Shaun Ryder has ended up supporting Richard Ashcroft. It just does not seem right.

Mad Richard was brilliant, even some of the solo stuff I didnt know held their own among some of Verve stuff.