Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Is it just to two honkies in the band or will one of RL Burnsides crew play with them?

Would be up for some of this regardless

There were 3 of them last time, swapping instruments, drums, bass, guitar, banjo, flute. They were all kinds of ace but suffered a small crowd as on the same time as Dolly. Hope they get another shot in Avalon or they'd also suit West Holts.P1050618.thumb.JPG.efb2aae027bb0907b0706f6cb45b7e4d.JPG

P1050613.thumb.JPG.f6ccfbcd6a996369fe43cd9187231bec.JPGP1050614.thumb.JPG.e631ed930c39b2502faeef79145de945.JPG

6 minutes ago, billum said:

Yeah me too - that last set in Avalon was one of my all-time Glasto highlights. Really hoping for this! Didn't mind missing Dolly one little bit.

Wish I'd gone to that instead of dolly. Big mistake.

I'll not be missing them this year if they're about.

On 4/5/2017 at 0:03 PM, dentalplan said:

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/bands.php?b=518

I just look what's new on eFests listings nowadays rather than official announcements but there's a few there.

There's a Brighton date for North Mississippi Allstars on 27th too.  
Looks like I may have to have the whole week off after Glasto and keep the party rolling!  

MIA is curating the Meltdown Festival at the Southbank Centre which is on the 9th - 18th June.

People playing at it are: Afrikan Boy, Crystal Castles, Dexta Daps, I Wayne, JD Samson, MHD, M.I.A., Mr Eazi, Mykki Blanco, Tommy Genesis, Young Fathers, Young M.A., Yung Lean.

Some of those might end up at Glastonbury then.

Edited by aidenlangan95

Just been reading about this Jain wifey:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/apr/06/french-pop-star-jain-an-electropop-journey-from-congo-to-colbert

Can't give her jams a spin at the minute, but I notice that she's playing in London on June 20th, and the chat in the article about influential bookers and being The Next Christine all points one way.

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/apr/06/french-pop-star-jain-an-electropop-journey-from-congo-to-colbert

Can't give her jams a spin at the minute, but I notice that she's playing in London on June 20th, and the chat in the article about influential bookers and being The Next Christine all points one way.

Didn't she self confirm a week or so back?

Edit. Yup...

Edited by Gnomicide

16 minutes ago, Christmas@TheZoo said:

Apologies if I missed this - but I've not seen any mention of whether or not Everything Everything might play this year?

I see they are playing 2 dates on the Tuesday and Wednesday of Glastonbury week:

Oh yes! Very hopeful indeed that they pop up again this year to relive their former GlastoGlory!

5 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

3 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Didn't she self confirm a week or so back?

Edit. Yup...l

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Nice one.  We'll see what Spotify is saying to it.

Spotify is saying " Jebus, we gots ourselves a must see that we should sure catch before she goes stratospheric"

(nb - early first impression)