Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

On 20/03/2017 at 9:13 AM, eFestivals said:

someone posted in here to claim they knew he was saturday.

As I know he's playing Friday or Saturday, i took what that someone posted at face value.

Does anyone know if this actually happened, because I can't remember anyone saying it and can't find it being said?

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/23/2017 at 9:28 PM, jparx said:

Why not? Certainly looks like the kind of dates you would book if you're coming over for Glastonbury.

Hope so. I'd be all over that.

He's lived in England for about 5 years now and hasn't played the G yet, so it's not such a done deal. It's not difficult to see him and his band live these days though, they're always playing little one-offs all over the country.

Not touring (sorry I know it's the wrong thread but there's no "potential sub headliners" thread) but Snow Patrol'l are aiming to get their album out in June, Jonny McDaid and Gary Lightbody are friends of Ed Sheeran's, could potentially bring it out just before and sub him? Just a thought..

Now then, it seems Spoon most probably (actually, i think i may have read somewhere on here that they confirmed its definitely) not playing Glastonbury. They are however playing in Manchester on suicide Tuesday. Is it complete madness to think I could haul my sorry ass over the pennines that afternoon. considering the Glasto bus isnt due to arrive back in Sheffield until about 5pm Monday? Tbf, I probably already know the answer to this...

1 minute ago, across97 said:

Jamie T came up on my shuffle today and go me thinking, any chance he's playing this year? 

Got a lone show at bestival at the moment and that's it, seems odd there's only 1 show over festival season 

Think it's due to him being an exclusive at Bestival. But it might be one of those flimsy 'headliner' exclusive deals, there was definitely some ambiguity in the statement from what I recall.

This is the Bestival announcement for Jamie T:

And completing 2017’s fantastic foursome of first-time headliners we are delighted to announce Wimbledon’s finest, Jamie T will be the man kicking it all off with an exclusive performance topping the Thursday night bill on our second stage, The Box.

Its all rather non-commital when it comes to exclusivity. If you go on his artist page on the Bestival site there is no mention at all of any exclusivity as you'd expect, so I wouldn't say it's beyond the realms of possibly for him to be at the farm. Especially considering he's had a new, well received album since his last appearance, could see him fitting in 3rd down Pyramid having subbed Other in 2015. 

Edited by kingbadger

3 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

And completing 2017’s fantastic foursome of first-time headliners we are delighted to announce Wimbledon’s finest, Jamie T will be the man kicking it all off with an exclusive performance topping the Thursday night bill on our second stage, The Box.

Its all rather non-commital when it comes to exclusivity. If you go on his artist page on the Bestival site there is no mention at all of any exclusivity as you'd expect, so I wouldn't say it's beyond the realms of possibly for him to be at the farm. Especially considering he's had a new, well received album since his last appearance, could see him fitting in 3rd down Pyramid having subbed Other in 2015. 

Aah, thanks. I didn't realise there was some question marks on exclusivity. But you're right, it does sound quite vague.

i'll have my fingers crossed, heard he was brilliant in 2015. Would be a nice surprise for me if he was announced. But you'd think if there was a way around the whole exclusivity thing, some other fests would have got him on board

12 minutes ago, across97 said:

Aah, thanks. I didn't realise there was some question marks on exclusivity. But you're right, it does sound quite vague.

i'll have my fingers crossed, heard he was brilliant in 2015. Would be a nice surprise for me if he was announced. But you'd think if there was a way around the whole exclusivity thing, some other fests would have got him on board

Sounds like the old "Thursday Night Exclusive" to me.

13 hours ago, kingbadger said:

Based on that wording I'd be amazed if he didn't turn up, if he was a genuine Bestival exclusive they'd say as much, otherwise what would be the point in paying for it if you don't say it? You only pay for exclusivity to help shift tickets, so they'd say "in a Uk festival exclusive" or "catch him in his only U.K. Festival performance".

9 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

The Manics thing doesn’t sit right with me. Great band but they played three years ago and haven't released anything since. 

Last year it was only 3 of the 4 headliners of Bristol SS who played glastonbury, I'd bet the same this year 

Bonobo and Craig David both TBC, Hacienda is possible, don't see Manics happening 

Edited by Mezhyp1

1 minute ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Last year it was only 3 of the 4 headliners of Bristol SS who played glastonbury, I'd bet the same this year 

Bonobo and Craig David both TBC, Hacienda is possible, don't see Manics happening 

Yeah this is what I'm thinking. Manics would probably be my preferred choice of em all, but as they only played in 2014 and with no notable new material/reason to be booked again I doubt they'll be there.