Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, jparx said:

Could NIN actually be in play? I'd explode if they're on the poster.

2 US festival dates in July... both on a sunday... sunday other headliner? ;)

Not getting my hopes up unless they announce something in Europe, but would be incredible.

6 minutes ago, Lubic87 said:

2 US festival dates in July... both on a sunday... sunday other headliner? ;)

Not getting my hopes up unless they announce something in Europe, but would be incredible.

Well Neil is struggling with the Sunday Other Stage night headliner....

Would be brilliant to see Glastonbury throw a curve ball like Portishead in 2013, or QOTSA in 2011.

Edited by zero000

23 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

I'm sure they were one of the surprises tbh

Not sure because I didn't go that year but I remember following speculation on here. I remember lots of discussion on where they'd play with the consensus being that it would be on a smaller stage than Other.

Was about to say maybe they became less likely as time went on due to lack of European dates or something but I just looked and they'd already been announced for other European fests in June since the preceding December (probably when the speculation over what slot they'd command began).

6 hours ago, ghostdancer1 said:

won't have much impact on Glastonbury, but FYF Fest announced today:

FYF-Fest-2017-1490112225-640x427.jpg

Can't deny it that's one very strong lineup, I like the majority of it too.

Also Nine Inch Nails, thats the kind of booking that would make my Glastonbury.

Edited by siweltrebor

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

That lineup is absolutely ridiculous. I'd pretty much watch everybody there. 

As for NIN, like said above, unless they announce anything in Europe earlier on then I can't see it happening, and tbh I imagine this'll be the show that kicks off their tour which is a shame.

Purely hypothetically, do we think that NIN are too big to headline The Other, or about right? Just thinking of the comparison with Green Day and some people saying they were too ridiculous a booking for The Other. Even though I like GD, in my head NIN are bigger than them, but then I'm outrageously biased

And I know it's 100% not going to happen. Just humour me :-D

5 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Purely hypothetically, do we think that NIN are too big to headline The Other, or about right? Just thinking of the comparison with Green Day and some people saying they were too ridiculous a booking for The Other. Even though I like GD, in my head NIN are bigger than them, but then I'm outrageously biased

And I know it's 100% not going to happen. Just humour me :-D

Green Day are much bigger than NIN, and yeah, the assumption is that they'd headline Other if they were to play, although Trent may well himself think they're too big for that these days.

Edited by FloorFiller

5 minutes ago, cloudb said:

Are Nine Inch Nails bigger now than when they did their farewell tour? Because I saw they were topping the second stage of festivals that summer.

Aye you're right so it's probably a non-issue. Still can't see them being on the lineup mind, but we can dream.

Agreed, can't see it happening but I don't think it's their place on the billing that would prevent it.

When did they first play Glastonbury? 94? I always thought my exposure to them was live footage of them playing Glastonbury in the mid 90s but now I'm starting to think it was Woodstock.