Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

I very much enjoy watching the Glasto Chat people losing their shit whenever one of these surfaces (which they always do, to every one of them).

I've never ventured on to Glasto Chat. Is it worth the effort? Is it an open group?

1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

I've never ventured on to Glasto Chat. Is it worth the effort? Is it an open group?

Closed group, and tbh the seeing them lose their minds over leaked lineups is the only benefit of joining the group as for the most part it's just them posting stupid barely-Glastonbury related pictures or speculating over awful acts that could appear. For a group so seemingly obsessed with Glastonbury it's funny to see how willing they are to believe any tidbit of false information that is fed their way - stark contrast to here :lol:

1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

It's closed, but everyone gets approved pretty quickly.  It's hard to have a proper conversation about anything due to the way topics fly by on Facebook, but it can still be a source of festival conversation if things have gone quiet in here.  On the whole, a bit too much 'hilarious banter' for my liking on there.  

It generally makes me feel old.

10 hours ago, Zac Quinn said:

Dunno, I remember seeing they'd sold out a night in Norwich on their last tour which seems a bit far to travel even for their fans. They do have some faint popularity in the rest of the country - when they headlined the tent at Reading a couple of years back it was 75% full - but probably not more than any other forgettable mid-2000s indie landfill, and probably not enough to keep them going without the Northern obsessives.

Bear in mind that the largest venue in Norwich has 1550 capacity (iirc) so hardly arena sized 

18 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I haven't been on Glasto Chat for a couple of years but I felt like you could always tell who the other people who also post on here were, mainly in that they were much more reasonable and didn't just believe everything like FloorFiller says. 

I read that as 'didn't just believe everything that FloorFiller says'

2 hours ago, big__phil said:

Speaking of Hinds, they're currently recording and have a few festival dates already lined up for the summer. Probably unlikely for an immediate return, but I'd love it if they did turn up again. They said how much fun they were having as punters from the stage this year, so I suppose they might want to return. Fingers crossed.

As a huge Hinds fanboi, I'd bloody love them to return. One of my favourite bands from the last 2/3 years; so much fun and some cracking songs. Had a great night with them in Crows Nest last year when Jagwar Ma were playing.

They've always been quite quick with knocking out new material so hoping they'll have this album out ready in May/early June for the summer festivals. I'd have thought they'd be keen to keep up the momentum they've built over the last 3 years by getting out on to the festival circuit this year and then a full tour in the autumn.

7 minutes ago, Keithy said:

As a huge Hinds fanboi, I'd bloody love them to return. One of my favourite bands from the last 2/3 years; so much fun and some cracking songs. Had a great night with them in Crows Nest last year when Jagwar Ma were playing.

They've always been quite quick with knocking out new material so hoping they'll have this album out ready in May/early June for the summer festivals. I'd have thought they'd be keen to keep up the momentum they've built over the last 3 years by getting out on to the festival circuit this year and then a full tour in the autumn.

Yeah fingers crossed. They seem to love playing so much, I expect they'll hit the road as soon as they can. I know they've got a US tour before Coachella, so fingers crossed it extends over this way in the summer.

Dirtyphonics are playing a festival in France the week after Glastonbury, would love to see them back on the farm. I stumbled across them in Cubehenge (I think) in 2011 in the middle of the afternoon following some filthy drops from across the field. when I turned up there were about 20 people there and by the end of their set there were hundreds - really appealed to randoms walking past I think.

They don't seem to play the UK too often unfortunately.

I think this is one of my most listened to youtube clips.

On 9/22/2016 at 0:02 PM, pete76 said:

Cheap Trick @ azkena rock festival in Spain. Same weekend as Glasto

image.jpg

and they have UK dates...

Tue 27th Jun – London, O2 Kentish Town Forum
Wed 28th Jun – Manchester, Academy
Thu 29th Jun – Bristol, O2 Academy

Tickets go on sale on Friday 24 March at 10am

looks a bit suspicious.