Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

not that they would be booked there, but if Paul Weller can sub the Pyramid, I'm sure the Manics could pull it off if needed, they've enough hits down through the years. probably more popular than Beck too tbf, although Beck is arguably more "current".

i'd expect headlining JP or maybe 2nd/3rd down Other though.

3rd down Other would be identical to last time, I'd go for opening Other and I don't think they need to accept that or JP headliner 

3 minutes ago, lime green said:

Cheers. Any idea where they will be placed on the line up or is that asking to much?

Got suggested a few pages back that they'd either be around second down the JP stage or mid other. Sounds about right to me. Great band, hope I can catch them but I've seen them a few times in the last year or so, so not the end of the world for me if they clash.

2 hours ago, monkey1989 said:

If the manic street preachers play as they are strongly rumoured,  where would they slot? Love to see them before radiohead. 

Sorry if already asked, was excited seeing them as SR

As much as I love them, I don't think they're penultimate Pyramid anymore. Last time, they were third top of Other.. Think they'd be quite ideal for the "secret" Friday opener on Other, or maybe headlining Park or John Peel.

1 hour ago, lime green said:

Cheers. Any idea where they will be placed on the line up or is that asking to much?

1 hour ago, Odessa said:

Got suggested a few pages back that they'd either be around second down the JP stage or mid other. Sounds about right to me. Great band, hope I can catch them but I've seen them a few times in the last year or so, so not the end of the world for me if they clash.

Pretty much this. I don't know, but I would imagine JP as most likely. Seems like the obvious place and the info this came through is someone else that is playing JP so would make sense - but then again might have no correlation.

21 minutes ago, Dantheman@ said:

Anyone reckon Foster the people or The Libertines will be playing ? And if hacienda classical were to play, what slot would you reckon they'd get ?

No chance of the Libertines. They are now falling back to their rightful position in the music industry.

3 hours ago, ghostdancer1 said:

considering they've done zero since then to deserve being bumped up, I think they should be delighted if they got the same slot, or headlining JP.

Other opener would be good too.

I think headlining JPT is most likely myself. If FFS can do it.....

CoS suggesting that most, if not all, of the Gorillaz collaborators will be showing up at their festival hing. Not sure if increases the chances of any of them appearing at Glastonbury too

http://consequenceofsound.net/2017/03/gorillazs-demon-dayz-festival-will-feature-all-of-the-humanz-collaborators/

Edited by SwedgeAntilles

3 hours ago, thesecretingredientiscrime said:

Met Gareth from Los Campesinos today, said they hadn't been asked, would probably want to, but more than likely aren't doing any festivals.

This is tremendous work, thesecretingredientiscrime! Who do we harangue for William's Green bookings? We need to inundate their inbox. I remember Gareth getting annoyed on FB a few years ago with people telling them to play such and such a fest, said go bother the bookers because they can only play if they're asked.

1 hour ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

CoS suggesting that most, if not all, of the Gorillaz collaborators will be showing up at their festival hing. Not sure if increases the chances of any of them appearing at Glastonbury too

http://consequenceofsound.net/2017/03/gorillazs-demon-dayz-festival-will-feature-all-of-the-humanz-collaborators/

Damon said that at the london gig last week