Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maggie Rogers, known from a viral video where music students got feedback from pharrell, is touring europe this summer. 06/21/17 Electric Brixton in London and 14/7 at Melt in Germany. Would be a nice addition early at the Park, but to be fair I've only listened to her 2 songs at Spotify, which are great!

31 minutes ago, Ovechkin said:

Maggie Rogers, known from a viral video where music students got feedback from pharrell, is touring europe this summer. 06/21/17 Electric Brixton in London and 14/7 at Melt in Germany. Would be a nice addition early at the Park, but to be fair I've only listened to her 2 songs at Spotify, which are great!

She's doing Werchter and a few others as well I think so yeah she seems pretty likely 

On 2/11/2017 at 1:02 PM, MattDavies__ said:

Yeah I do think Castlefield was kinda underselling themselves - they had a very good Glasto slot and headlined Latitude last summer, too. I agree they need to hurry up and announce it though. 

Don't think billing it as a last Manchester gig would do much though. I'm not sure those sort of banners really massively increase sales & most people are aware that they tend to be a bending of the truth now anyway. 

Not sure where these last Manchester gig thing has come from. The last album was their best in years and I don't see them stopping anytime soon.

1 hour ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Not sure where these last Manchester gig thing has come from. The last album was their best in years and I don't see them stopping anytime soon.

It's just been suggested as something they could use to shift tickets- there's no substance to it. 

41 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

what New Order announcement?must have missed this...

They said they were planning 'a special show' for Manchester this summer in an interview late last year. Guess its possible it didn't get further than the planning stage. 

On 11/02/2017 at 1:18 PM, Callum_96 said:

Was talking to someone who works at Bestival last night and he told me Bon Iver asked to play there and was confirmed for the Saturday night until he cancelled all his shows, apparently something to do with serious anxiety and depression issues. He seemed pretty confident Justin wouldn't be over here in the summer, so that would rule out Glastonbury 

Potentially was booked as either Foos sub or Other headliner and has been replaced by Kaisers/Justice as per rumours we've heard?

Could there be a section opened up on here for unwitting street attacks? Seem to get a few lols around here. Why dilute it with festival chat?

Anyway, Bloc Party - probably best known to some because their singer kicked Eddie Argos in the face in a nightclub punch-up - are still around and announced a show at, erm, Dublin Trinity College's annual festival in April. Quite shocked that they didn't bow out after the few UK shows they've just done but they're hanging on in there and could return this year I guess.

Edited by dentalplan

6 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Could there be a section opened up on here for unwitting street attacks? Seem to get a few lols around here. Why dilute it with festival chat?

Anyway, Bloc Party - probably best known to some because their singer kicked Eddie Argos in the face in a nightclub punch-up - are still around and announced a show at, erm, Dublin Trinity College's annual festival in April. Quite shocked that they didn't bow out after the few UK shows they've just done but they're hanging on in there and could return this year I guess.

I know that Hymns was a bad album and they probably think they could still have a high slot (was last time they played in 2009 as other stage headliner?), but if Bloc Party had an hour in the late afternoon on the other stage, it'd be such a good set, despite the crappy new stuff.

Edited by aidenlangan95

13 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

Potentially was booked as either Foos sub or Other headliner and has been replaced by Kaisers/Justice as per rumours we've heard?

Can you even imagine a world where things have got just so bad that Bon Iver could be replaced by Kaiser Chiefs and it wasn't even a joke?

Lordy, could it get any worse?

:)

Ben

13 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

Wasn't the info that Kaisers were a Foos request? 

I suppose it could be right re: Other/Justice but given he would've pulled out ages ago, they'd have plenty of time to find a more suitable alternative than Justice 

10 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

I suppose it could be right re: Other/Justice but given he would've pulled out ages ago, they'd have plenty of time to find a more suitable alternative than Justice 

What was the Justice rumor? sorry think i missed this

46 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

No I think that was just an idea floated as to why the fuck Kaiser Chiefs would be subbing. Think the info was just that they're subbing em.