Gnomicide

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

Gotta be Friday for Royal Blood if they're playing, then 

Why do they have to play Friday? 

Could be doing Hurricane/Southside on Sat/Sun or Fri/Sat. Easy to go from Eden Sessions on Thursday to Germany, then back to Glasto. 

Edited by 01seb

Not sure if it's been mentioned (I skipped the Nazi chat of the past couple of pages), but Pond are touring up to the the Wednesday, which is a Bristol gig. On a purely selfish level I'm gutted I can't see them in their own right, so I'm all in for a Glasto slot.

A Temples/Pond/King Gizz takeover somewhere would do me nicely.

26 minutes ago, big__phil said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned (I skipped the Nazi chat of the past couple of pages), but Pond are touring up to the the Wednesday, which is a Bristol gig. On a purely selfish level I'm gutted I can't see them in their own right, so I'm all in for a Glasto slot.

it's been mentioned - cos I spotted it mentioned and added them as a rumour for G. :)

Just now, eFestivals said:

it's been mentioned - cos I spotted it mentioned and added them as a rumour for G. :)

Nice one. Somebody called Methyl Ethel is supporting all the dates of the tour, so there could be a chance they'd be there as well. I won't pretend to know who they are, but somebody on here might.

5 minutes ago, big__phil said:

Nice one. Somebody called Methyl Ethel is supporting all the dates of the tour, so there could be a chance they'd be there as well. I won't pretend to know who they are, but somebody on here might.

They are really good, perfect for a sunny afternoon Park slot. 

45 minutes ago, 01seb said:

Easy to go from Eden Sessions on Thursday to Germany, then back to Glasto. 

Pretty counter productive though. 

26 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Ah i didnt realise they were playing Eden on the thursday. Maybe they will play 3rd down then.

Or maybe my unwavering belief that the XX will sub Radiohead should be wavering.

Think they're much more suited to headlining Other (obviously not on Friday), personally. 

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Well I guess if Royal Blood are fine with being billed as Iggy Pop, being fronted by Iggy Pop and playing only Iggy Pop songs then yeah, sorted!

Yes please. Probably unlikely, but if Iggy did play could there be a chance of the boys from the album getting together for it?

1 minute ago, SPTFRE said:

I'm still thinking this:

Royal Blood >> Iggy Pop >> Foo Fighters

Reminiscent of the Saturday in 2014, which was:

Robert Plant >> Jack White >> Metallica (and was ace, by the way)

It's looking like Royal Blood are going to be Friday or nowt now. Most likely Friday 

Just now, SPTFRE said:

I'm still thinking this:

Royal Blood >> Iggy Pop >> Foo Fighters

Reminiscent of the Saturday in 2014, which was:

Robert Plant >> Jack White >> Metallica (and was ace, by the way)

That's also the exact line up and run that Foo Fighters had for their MK Bowl gigs back when Dave was seated

I still think Royal Blood's return and second record will go down like a fart in church. They just scream one hit wonders.

I can't see them being booked as a sub headliner for that very reason. Second from the top on the Other or third from top on the Pyramid is more than enough for them.