Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

6 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Far Left: Workers rights! Healthcare for all!  Public ownership of utilities!

Far Right:  We must ensure the future of the white children by preventing breeding with the mongrel races.

Liberal: These are literally the same thing.

I've ran out likes. Please take this as a substitute. 

IMG_4351.JPG

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Third down on Pyramid? Can't see them subbing Radiohead or headling Other against them.

They aren't going to sub, fairly confident about that. I've not even seen half the hype I expected for them back either...bar being on here. I'm fully expecting subbing Other now.

2 hours ago, MattDavies__ said:

Pet Shop Boys just announced Blackpool and Nottingham on 21/22 June, which would normally set the Glasto's alarms off but would mean six days in a row if they did Friday 

Yeah even I agree that BSB is gone now.

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Well I guess if Royal Blood are fine with being billed as Iggy Pop, being fronted by Iggy Pop and playing only Iggy Pop songs then yeah, sorted!

I agree with this, for me it's Iggy 3rd down with RB subbing 2nd stage in an attempted for crossover.

1 hour ago, SPTFRE said:

Ah, really? Well I could certainly see Iggy subbing Foo Fighters as their "special guest" at least

100% zero chance.

Just now, SPTFRE said:

What makes you say that? Just a hunch?

Because at Foo's own gig they book a bill based directly for them, at Glasto they don't and Iggy is neither anywhere near big enough to sub Glasto or the act the get the crowd jumping and hyped for the headliner.....not that Foo's are going to need help with that but just no. I'd personally think Royal Blood would be chosen over Iggy and they won't are not big enough either. It's not that surprising to have RB on the Radiohead day though as it's the same is happening at Werchter.

14 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Because at Foo's own gig they book a bill based directly for them, at Glasto they don't and Iggy is neither anywhere near big enough to sub Glasto or the act the get the crowd jumping and hyped for the headliner.....not that Foo's are going to need help with that but just no. I'd personally think Royal Blood would be chosen over Iggy and they won't are not big enough either. It's not that surprising to have RB on the Radiohead day though as it's the same is happening at Werchter.

Are you insane?! We're talking about the same Iggy Pop, right? The man responsible for Lust For Life, I Wanna Be Your Dog, Real Wild Child, Passenger, China Girl...I could go on. It's Iggy fucking Pop! Even at 69 his shows are full of energy and he remains one of the most outrageous, exciting and influential punk rock artists of the last 50 years. 

Lust For Life alone would ignite the crowd enough for Grohl and co. I'm not saying he will sub the Pyramid, but he could do it in his sleep mate

21 minutes ago, SPTFRE said:

Are you insane?! We're talking about the same Iggy Pop, right? The man responsible for Lust For Life, I Wanna Be Your Dog, Real Wild Child, Passenger, China Girl...I could go on. It's Iggy fucking Pop! Even at 69 his shows are full of energy and he remains one of the most outrageous, exciting and influential punk rock artists of the last 50 years. 

Lust For Life alone would ignite the crowd enough for Grohl and co. I'm not saying he will sub the Pyramid, but he could do it in his sleep mate

Disagree but that's me. You only picked up two lines out of 6 for dislike there so I'll take that.

38 minutes ago, SPTFRE said:

Iggy fucking Pop or not, I'm with Gazza on this one.  Among a certain crowd, yes he could be big enough to sub.  For your average Glastonbury goer?  I don't think so.

Now I like my music without being an aficionado, so call me your Pyramid target market for the sake of the argument. The songs you've listed there are the Iggy Pop songs that I know, except for China Girl which I only know as a Bowie recording.  So in a good 45-60 min set to get me pumped for the headliner, that's 4 or 5 songs.

As a character, influential musician, rock God and general walking medical miracle, absolutely.  As a sub-headliner for 2017?  Not in my mind.

2 hours ago, Rubber Soldier said:

Apparently Neo-Nazis should be allowed to get away with their hate speech just so we don't "stoop to their level". 

Lets just agree to disagree mate. I am not embarrassed to admit that I am a pacifist. 

I just thought it was a cowardly thing to do, to hit a bloke from the side, when he was totally unprepared and also covering his face when he did it.

Now I have just read up about this bloke and his views are totally abhorrent. They go against everything I stand for personally. Yet this is the crux of liberty and free speech. It seems the bloke has not broken any laws and he is entitled to his opinion, even if the rest of us find his views disgusting.

I just think hitting him like that achieves nothing. Yes it gives people around the world the opportunity to laugh at him but I think it will just make the situation worse.

Like I said. I don't think we are going to agree on the validity of punching him like that, even if we are both disgusted by his views.

Edited by eastynh

18 minutes ago, Quark said:

As a character, influential musician, rock God and general walking medical miracle, absolutely.  As a sub-headliner for 2017?  Not in my mind.

Those three traits alone emphasise my point, alongside the fact that this could be his final tour. Putting it into perspective, I don't think it's any different to Paul Weller subbing The Who, Jack White subbing Metallica or Nick Cave subbing Mumford & Sons in fact I'd say arguably Iggy transcends the size, popularity and achievements of all three. I only listed the first, more popular songs that came to mind. There are more, and you would know them, and he'd be flipping ace. 

As you say though, being the medical miracle he is, he'll probably outlive us all and still be touring in 2037...