Other Stage 2017

Gucci Piggy

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Whats the BBK rumour? That Wiley is headlining Other, or has there been more?

Wiley headlining Other makes a bit more sense if he's with BBK... still, to me BBK and Justice sound more like JPT headliners. People might be getting a bit excited about BBK's popularity, they were only 4th down on R&L's main stage last year, beneath Chvrches.

2 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

Well there's Boy Better Know who I guess you forgot to include but that's it really, definitely don't see Justice doing it. I still think Lady Gaga might play but far from confident and would be more likely to with your suggestions.

Nah I didn't forget them. I was replying to Matt's "uninspired dance acts" comment which was a reply to me discussing whether BBK could do it :P

35 minutes ago, sisco said:

Friday

Pyramid - Radiohead, The XX

Other - BBK, Imagine Dragons

Saturday

Pyramid - Foo Fighters, Lady Gaga

Other - Justice, Richard Ashcroft

Sunday

Pyramid - Ed Sheeran, Royal Blood

Other - Alt J, Lorde

34 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Justice ain't headlining Other.

What FloorFiller has said. Justice will sub at the max, I think Imagine Dragons will play that slot, whether that play that day is another thing but it's an easy choice if so.

If Ashcroft gets sub I'm fairly optimistic it won't be the same day that Foo's play....and fuck right off for the Gaga clash.

4 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Nah I didn't forget them. I was replying to Matt's "uninspired dance acts" comment which was a reply to me discussing whether BBK could do it :P

Ah sorry, makes more sense now! I was wondering how you hadn't mentioned them when you've talked about them doing it a few times now :lol: 

8 minutes ago, Keithy said:

What if Gaga is an Other headliner..... 

No pyramid headliner slots left but Other headliner > Pyramid Sub?

Gaga up against Radiohead?

I don't think so. Didn't she headline the other stage last time? Also runs the risk of an empty pyramid stage for Radiohead (sorry)

9 hours ago, thewayiam said:

What FloorFiller has said. Justice will sub at the max, I think Imagine Dragons will play that slot, whether that play that day is another thing but it's an easy choice if so.

If Ashcroft gets sub I'm fairly optimistic it won't be the same day that Foo's play....and fuck right off for the Gaga clash.

Thing is the rumour was Justic and Wiley headlining the other, so if I'm believing the Wiley/BBK stuff I have to go with Justice too.

Liam 3rd down 1 of the days I'd guess.

Think if Gaga is subbing they'll going to need someone big to take some of the Crowd away.  Suppose it could be Gallagher too.

1 hour ago, joeyjarman said:

Would it not make more sense for Courteeners to sub Foo's? Same slot as Foals did before Muse and I'd dare to speculate that they have a bigger following than Foals, would garner much more interest than Kaizers and would set up Foo's much better than Alt-J would IMHO.

I never thought I'd say this on here, but I'd rather have the Kaisers.

Friday

Other - The Weeknd

Saturday

Other - Alt J

Sunday

Pyramid - Ed Sheeran, ????

Other - Green Day

----------------

No idea who could play before Ed. Would have said Nutini had a shot at a sub spot but have heard nothing about him doing anything. I'm also struggling to think of a big dance Other headliner - if one can be thought of then switch them in for Alt J and put them as Ed's sub.

I've chosen to believe that Wiley and Justice are headlining JPT

Edited by mjsell

37 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I never thought I'd say this on here, but I'd rather have the Kaisers.

I'd rather not have had Radiohead / Ed Sheeran / Coldplay / Adele in the last two years but others seem to be happy so hey-ho! Point was, I reckon Courteeners would be a better booking. Kaisers have done nothing for years.

26 minutes ago, McCor said:

Courteeners were enjoyable before Liam Fray started instagramming his floppy fring from Paris every weekend. 

I just try and ignore Liam and enjoy the music haha. Was the same with Oasis to be fair...

11 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Friday

Other - The Weeknd

Saturday

Other - Alt J

Sunday

Pyramid - Ed Sheeran, ????

Other - Green Day

----------------

No idea who could play before Ed. Would have said Nutini had a shot at a sub spot but have heard nothing about him doing anything. I'm also struggling to think of a big dance Other headliner - if one can be thought of then switch them in for Alt J and put them as Ed's sub.

Lorde could sub Ed? 

9 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

I floated this idea not long back but the conclusion we came to was that she'd draw way too big a crowd and tbh could probably match Radiohead's.

I think she would get a bigger crowd than Radiohead TBH.

It would be dangerous to book her on that stage I reckon. 

Edit: You could book her on that stage against Sheeran of FF and I think it would be safer, but against Radiohead I think the crowd would large enough for her that it would be dangerous. And obviously they wouldn't clash her against Sheeran or FF anyway.

Edited by jparx

1 hour ago, sisco said:

Thing is the rumour was Justic and Wiley headlining the other, so if I'm believing the Wiley/BBK stuff I have to go with Justice too.

Liam 3rd down 1 of the days I'd guess.

Think if Gaga is subbing they'll going to need someone big to take some of the Crowd away.  Suppose it could be Gallagher too.

I don't think there is a BBK thing except for what someone has said as a possibility of what easy meant instead. I'm leaning heavily towards the part that Neil said the info isn't always correct. BBK even topping the Other stage is a bit of a push.