Other Stage 2017

Gucci Piggy

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Loving the idea of Boy Better Know doing it. Would obviously be at Radiohead but I think they'd nail it. Has a hip-hop act ever headlined Other before? Can't think of any.

While we're on hip-hop acts, I know most of us are now thinking they'll play on the Pyramid but is there any chance of A Tribe Called Quest headlining Other? I don't see it personally but just a thought.

Just now, kingcrawler said:

While we're on hip-hop acts, I know most of us are now thinking they'll play on the Pyramid but is there any chance of A Tribe Called Quest headlining Other? I don't see it personally but just a thought.

I was thinking about this and maybe I'm wrong but tbh they're just not that big over here - I don't think they'd be able to pull the crowd for that slot.

Speaking as an official forum old git, I like to think that for an act to headline The Other, I should have at least heard of them. I may not like them of know any songs by them but it means they're out there in Grandad Joe Public's conscience.

I've never heard of Boy Better Know so I'm either REALLY past it ot they/he/she's not big enough.

I suspect I know which way this is going to go.

Just now, Gnomicide said:

Speaking as an official forum old git, I like to think that for an act to headline The Other, I should have at least heard of them. I may not like them of know any songs by them but it means they're out there in Grandad Joe Public's conscience.

I've never heard of Boy Better Know so I'm either REALLY past it ot they/he/she's not big enough.

I suspect I know which way this is going to go.

Boy Better Know is the group that Skepta belongs to (I assume you've heard of him - won the Mercury Prize) plus a few of his fellow grime artists who are all on the up and up.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Boy Better Know is the group that Skepta belongs to (I assume you've heard of him - won the Mercury Prize) plus a few of his fellow grime artists who are all on the up and up.

Ah, now I've heard of him, did well on The Pyramid from what I recall. So he's grime's version of 1970s Rod Stewart?

3 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Not really into that much Grime, but if they bring the flamethrower I'm there

brit-awards-2015-show-1.jpg

Now I was all for this. Hated it but that's the point surely. I'm nearly 50, I should hate stuff the youth are into. Plus it pissed off a load of Daily Mail readers so that's fine by me.

1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

Now I was all for this. Hated it but that's the point surely. I'm nearly 50, I should hate stuff the youth are into. Plus it pissed off a load of Daily Mail readers so that's fine by me.

I know it's not exactly stiff competition, but it's easily the best thing that's ever happened at the Brits. Pretty much one of the best things Kanye's ever done as well.

5 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Adele having to cut short another "Oh... facking 'ell, I can't facking belieeeeeve it" speech so Blur could play was the best thing to ever happened at The Brits.

Seeing James Cordens little weasel face as he had to tell her to get off the stage was gold. 

20 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

I'm thinking this:

Fri:

Py: Radiohead, The XX

Sat:

Py: Foo Fighters, Alt-J

Sun:

Py: Ed Sheeran, The Weeknd

I mean you might have Radiohead right at least