Other Stage 2017

Gucci Piggy

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If someone's honestly so offended by grime, I'd hate to think of their reaction to 'I shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die', or 'I beat her and kept her away from the things that she loved', or 'you're Jailbait', or 'such a dirty mind I always get it up, for the touch of the younger kind', I wouldn't recommend listening to this either.

1 hour ago, Prat. said:

but they don't

Or has music genuinely fallen from OK Computer to "ring ring pussy is shutdown" as the bar its aiming for in only 20 years

OK Computer is my favourite album of all time and I like Shutdown.

I'm looking forward to Radiohead more than any other act that is likely to appear this year and Skepta was in my top 3 acts of last year.

Two different things are allowed to be good, and just because something isn't as good as OK Computer that doesn't mean people have to have some ulterior motive for listening to it.

Courteeners have never released anything as good as Kid A. Does that mean people only like them because they feel the need to integrate the northern lad culture into their own culture or because they feel pressured to have an opinion on it? No.

1 hour ago, fingers_mark said:

I'd be surprised if Wiley has done a 60 minute set in his life, let alone 90 minutes. No chance.

Can't see Green Day doing it either. Too big.

Justice could headline though.

Actually came here to ask that. Saw Stormzy last year. He had 60 minutes slot, DJ was playing random shit for the first 10 minutes and he left 10 minutes early living DJ to play some more random shit :lol: Then had to check on youtube and apparently every show of those artists is like that. I don't get it 

28 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

Actually came here to ask that. Saw Stormzy last year. He had 60 minutes slot, DJ was playing random shit for the first 10 minutes and he left 10 minutes early living DJ to play some more random shit :lol: Then had to check on youtube and apparently every show of those artists is like that. I don't get it 

How many bands do you know that would do a 60 minute slot at a festival without a debut record out? Especially at a festival thats probably not paid him half as much as other festivals they've done for the same fee.

For what it's worth it did cross my mind that Wiley was on about doing Glastonbury with BBK and not just on his own when he tweeted. I don't think that much has changed his mind to think he'd be that happy to be playing again after last time but headling a stage with BBK would  be enough to have him looking be forward to playing.

They all have enough tunes to headline, but I'm kind of hoping  for a sub slot to prevent any Radiohead clash 

32 minutes ago, Divein said:

How many bands do you know that would do a 60 minute slot at a festival without a debut record out? Especially at a festival thats probably not paid him half as much as other festivals they've done for the same fee.

For what it's worth it did cross my mind that Wiley was on about doing Glastonbury with BBK and not just on his own when he tweeted. I don't think that much has changed his mind to think he'd be that happy to be playing again after last time but headling a stage with BBK would  be enough to have him looking be forward to playing.

They all have enough tunes to headline, but I'm kind of hoping  for a sub slot to prevent any Radiohead clash 

Totally forgot about Wiley even being in BBK. I've been predicting them as a collective as well as him so on the same lineup. I guess that could still happen anyway.

1 hour ago, John the Moth said:

Cheers for the recommendation, I'll Spotify it later :)

If you want an actual recommendation then the albums: Kano - Made in the Manor & Wiley - Godfather are the best two grime albums that have been made in my opinion. 

2 hours ago, John the Moth said:

I will certainly give it a go, I am actually quite open minded when it comes to music, these fellas seem to have slipped by me, that's all ;)

The consensus is that Boy in Da Corner by Dizzee Rascal is the best thing the genre has to offer and is the closest thing it has to a 'classic' album, I'd really recommend checking it out.

5 hours ago, Alex DeLarge said:

The consensus is that Boy in Da Corner by Dizzee Rascal is the best thing the genre has to offer and is the closest thing it has to a 'classic' album, I'd really recommend checking it out.

I actually like a bit o Dizzee, I did see him supporting muse along with Bastille, eclectic suppport that :)

I'll leave you with this mash up that I quite like...