Other Stage 2017

Gucci Piggy

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

47 minutes ago, mjsell said:

If BBK are headlining the Saturday then I think that makes Foos more likely for that day too. BBK have more crossover appeal with Ed than Foos. Maybe they wont headline though.

And this all means that Justice are far more likely for Friday now (unless its BBK subbing Justice). I just can't see Justice competing with Ed. They arent big enough.

With the length of the FF set, they can have similar to the long stones set and put Justice closing the stage with BBK underneath. Wouldn't be majorly different from C&S and Example.

I'm looking at:

The Prodigy, Royal Blood

Justice, BBK in this case

Alt-J, Imagine Dragons

1 minute ago, Djb.com said:

Wait until the foos announcements out, we'll have a better idea for who could be headlining as it'll rule the green day thing in or out

It won't rule it either way tbh, but if Foo's are Friday a dance setup on Other is very likely. It would have to mean that the Alt-J info is wrong or their position is wrong.

Foos playing sunday rules the Green Day thing out because Green Day could only play Sunday and the previous info said they clashed with Ed Sheeran so the Foo's announcement will determine whether there's a chance of it or not.

Plus they'd never clash foo's against green day.

7 minutes ago, Djb.com said:

Foos playing sunday rules the Green Day thing out because Green Day could only play Sunday and the previous info said they clashed with Ed Sheeran so the Foo's announcement will determine whether there's a chance of it or not.

Plus they'd never clash foo's against green day.

That's true.

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

and yet metallica were being lined up for the Other Stage until they didn't get Prince.

Green Day is quite possible on the Other, even if it's highly unlikely.

I'm not sure that takes anything away from my comment saying GD being more mainstream like FF puts them on the Pyramid.

FF and GD are rock bands, Dave Grohl doesn't go any less mental signing some songs than Billy, whereas Metallica are metal which way different.

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

I'm not sure that takes anything away from my comment saying GD being more mainstream like FF puts them on the Pyramid.

FF and GD are rock bands, Dave Grohl doesn't go any less mental signing some songs than Billy, whereas Metallica are metal which way different.

if the pyramid slots were already full they'd need to put GD somewhere else.

It could be that simple. That's exactly how it was with Metallica.

Meanwhile, because GD would be (from my info) up against Ed and other major acts as the headliners on other stages, there wouldn't be an issue with numbers at the Other.

I'm not suggesting it's something they'd look to do, but if GD fell in their lap I doubt they'd turn them away unless they really really had to.

Having said all of that I don't think it's happening, I'm just saying it's not an impossibility.

30 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

if the pyramid slots were already full they'd need to put GD somewhere else.

It could be that simple. That's exactly how it was with Metallica.

Meanwhile, because GD would be (from my info) up against Ed and other major acts as the headliners on other stages, there wouldn't be an issue with numbers at the Other.

I'm not suggesting it's something they'd look to do, but if GD fell in their lap I doubt they'd turn them away unless they really really had to.

Having said all of that I don't think it's happening, I'm just saying it's not an impossibility.

I get that, I feel though that they would be in the plans of the festival for slot and the band saying no would mean they would turn to alternatives. 

So if Metallica were going to be on Other, with what you say here it's basically saying that they would have been booked for the Pyramid but with no space were happy to accept the Other stage, Prince doesn't play and so they actually get put to where they would have.

I don't feel GD though are in the same pond for that option to happen and wouldn't even consider lower than Pyramid.

Tbh thinking about it, even if it's weak I'd love to see BBK headlining a stage right now. Skepta was my second favourite act of last year. Back With a Banger is the new banger of the decade, too.

I'd been hoping for Justice as one of my Sat/Sun headliners but if it's them and BBK headlining Other Fri/Sat I'd rather Justice Friday and BBK Sat.

Any chance Kraftwerk could do the Other on the Sunday? With Justice and BBK playing it feels like they need an older act to headline too, like they've had New Order, Chemical Brothers, Massive Attack and Portishead in previous years. There's always one 90s (& earlier) band that headlines. Guess The Prodigy would work.

Edited by Acid_Haze

19 hours ago, eFestivals said:

it's from info I've been sent.

It appears that the Other Saturday will be hippity-hoppity.

Drake mentioned at all? :wub:

A few big/hot US rappers have been ruled out by the Nobody's Safe tour; Future, Migos, Young Thug, Kodak Black

BBK absolutely fulfills the criteria for an Other headliner. New, exciting, hot (or whatever this years' word is). An alternative the Pyramid. Yeah, much better choice than some hoary old rock band. Other have a pretty good tradition in the last few years of taking a punt on at least one of their headliners. Sometimes it works (Skrillex), sometimes it doesn't (Deadmau5) but it's a policy I respect and admire.