Do you lot have any little rituals or traditions you like to kick off your festival with?

RichardWaller

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once the tents up it's all about getting to the cider bus as soon as possible to power through a few ciders, then the rest of Wednesday is devoted to getting a decent base layer of booze into my blood stream. Nothing too strong to begin with, so usually stick to beer which provides a nice foundation of alcohol to build on on Thursday and helps ensure I don't sober up until at least Monday evening.

No drugs or alcohol for me - straight to Honeybuns stall for tea and cake, and a flip through the magazine you get handed at the start.  

For a few years I was always working crazy hours so would have been up until silly o'clock the night before trying to get lots of work done before taking the time off.  During this period the tradition of the Wednesday afternoon nap was established and now it refuses to die.  

So in summary; tea, cake, some light reading and a nap.  Rock and roll!  

18 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Also gonna partake in this. Was loving it last year until I took a second batch, went west and had to go to bed at like 9

What's the prevalence of mushrooms at glasto? I had some at a fest in Belgium a few years back, and loved the strangeness of it all. :blink:

Tent is up and everything is sorted inside the tent, I take a quick wonder around amediate area to say hey to new people. Read the program quickly as people are preparing small drinks then we all go for a wonder in different directions and come back and meet on the Glasto sign. I normally have a fairly early night on Wednesday so i can visit the Green Peace and Circus area on Thursday but my other half is coming this time and wants to do the sun rise and since I haven't done that before it sounds great 

Tuesday night BBQ in campervan East, meet the neighbours etc.

wednesday morning have breakfast, wait for the queue to die down then walk in and head to organic wine tent to meet up with the other regulars, normally stopping for shopping at various stalls on the way.

We always arrive Thursday lunch time (because of work) so once the tents are up, we always start the festival with a walk up to the back and top of the Park stage by the Glastonbury sign for the best view of the site and to get in the mood.  Spend an hour or so there, and then a gentle bimble along the 'top fields' - Flagtopia, Stone Circle, before dropping down to the Avalon / Brothers (depending on the route) for some beers

Well the yearly ritual so far is having a mini-argument about where to camp. We usually agree on Dairy Ground beforehand and by the time we reach Bushy Ground (from gate A) the girls usually start complaining about the walk and refuse to go any further and so we camp there. Nothing wrong with it but it's just sooooooooo far away from the SE corner, that walk everyday coming back kills me