Do you lot have any little rituals or traditions you like to kick off your festival with?

RichardWaller

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tent has to be up, air mattress has to be inflated and valuables locked away at the lock ups before the first drink. Then sit down, sigh happily, open the first can and have a good read of the programme. Then get battered and fall asleep early due to combination of being up early, carrying your own bodyweight across the site and being in a constant state of excitement for 11 months prior.

This is the first year that we are taking a motorhome instead of camping, changing the routine entirely.

17 minutes ago, eviepeach said:

Tent has to be up, air mattress has to be inflated and valuables locked away at the lock ups before the first drink. Then sit down, sigh happily, open the first can and have a good read of the programme. Then get battered and fall asleep early due to combination of being up early, carrying your own bodyweight across the site and being in a constant state of excitement for 11 months prior.

This is the first year that we are taking a motorhome instead of camping, changing the routine entirely.

@eviepeach If you are trying out a motor home for the first time this year - you will absolutely love it! I reckon you will never do the camping in a tent on site ever again!

32 minutes ago, JanieM28 said:

@eviepeach If you are trying out a motor home for the first time this year - you will absolutely love it! I reckon you will never do the camping in a tent on site ever again!

I am so excited about it already. The thought of a comfy bed to go back to is what I'm most excited about though!

Edited by eviepeach
Can't work out how to quote after a long day

Tent up...... crack beverage.... toast the gods of ticket day for another successful year. Head out for a wander around site and a lounge around above the park soaking in the atmosphere... maybe with a cheeky roll down the hill!

3 minutes ago, eviepeach said:

I am so excited about it already. The thought of a comfy bed to go back to is what I'm most excited about though!

Well, if it's a proper motor home, remember that you will also have a fridge! Maybe, even a little crappy freezer which can be adequate enough for a bit of ice; not to mention a loo and shower if one or other of you is up for emptying and filling up stuff (I've even done it - no hardship at all).

But, most of all, let me tell you that when you wake up in the morning, and it's pissing down outside, it is an absolute joy to just roll over and go back to sleep in warmth and comfort. After putting the kettle on, naturally!

We usually learn that it's hard to each have a pocket full of goodies & not sample something Tuesday night. So normally get battered, little or no sleep & it kind of carries on from there.

And a BBQ as soon as the tents are up to use all the food whilst it's still edible 

Theres no point in planning much else 

Wednesday is one of my favourite days... not tied down to having to be somewhere at a certain time to see an act.

Once the tent is pitched... have a few beers, wander to The Park.. enjoy watermelon at the sign overlooking the fesitval.
Then it's a walk to the Brothers bar before hitting the silent disco and singing very badly for the rest of the night.

Love threads like this. Raises my excitement levels i'm not even going this year!

We normally have dominoes pizza on the Tuesday night, get a few hours kip. Set off around 3am arrive around 4am and then have a couple of celebratory shots of rum once we've parked up. Brilliant. 

Last couple of festivals I've grabbed a bit of a late morning nap, having been up all night, usually aided by a first drink and spliff or 3. Once up and about I'm off all over the site like Bennyhana, visiting every corner I can reach until eventually arriving for the efests meet in a state of disarray.

11 hours ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

@Smash1984 You may like to read this...

http://www.mcspotlight.org/case/pretrial/factsheet.html

Good read to be fair :) but in all seriousness, fleet is only to break up the drive as it's the half way point. As for the topic, once camp is set up I like to have a wonder round the site before it fills up completely/first stop is the cider bus

Normal tradition for us is get the tent up, and assist those around us to do the same whilst drinking still ice cold cans of cider or lager.  Then head over to the Brothers Bar, where we meet up with everyone linked to our group, and do a newbie tour walk of the site, via many bars and rest stops to sit and take in the views if the weather is good (the bars is no matter what the weather, obviously)

Edited by Greenelk

12 hours ago, dingbat2 said:

The instant I switch off the engine as soon as we park in the car park, we open the first can of lager and stand around the car park and talk to the people around us..... and relax........   ... and them I know we are back.....

it's always a good feeling stood beside your car thinking ou are back again. chatting to people in the same boat

laughing at young girls in flip flops struggling to pull there grans bag on wheels 20 miles to the gate

Loving the responses on this thread. Can visualise a lot of this. Well, obviously not your faces, don't know any of you from Adam, but I can see your footsteps, see where you're going, seen and felt that relief of pitching down and knowing we're in the best place in the world. Love it.

As for the Tuesday night, Dominos Two for Tuesday is a good shout too, will probably stick the Julien Temple film on for the umpteenth time this year, have a few cans and enjoy my last minute use of the bathroom home comforts. Up in the air when we're going down this year, just know we're driving and that'll be a first for me.