So who is going to replace Foo Fighters?

majormajormajor

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right gonna have a tiny bit of rant

I'm seeing people on Twitter and that frigging Glastonbury chat page stating stuff like, "it'l have to be a big rock band replacing, otherwise They'l piss off the foos fans"...

Glastonbury will not be spoilt for choice with this, I'd imagine possibly only one, maybe two or three at the maximum bands would be actually interested in doing it! It frustrates me! They will get what they can, they don't care about pissing off foo fighters fans because they can only get what's available to them!

I don't get where people think like this? Like Emily got the call they were cancelling and strutted down to a shed with an ARGOS catalog full of bands she can get to replace!

Are people just dumb? Is that it?

They won't be primarily looking for a rock band purely to satisfy the dissapointed foo fans. They'l probably look for the quickest and closest band on their radar who'd give them the thumbs up as swiftly as possible! People these days think they are entitled to so much

Ugh

Dunno why this annoyed me I'm going back to bed.

agreed

My guess is that its easier just to put TBA at the top until they sorted it ALL out. Its not just a case of bumping Flo, if they do that, but all the other shuffling thats required. I assume when they announce we will get a full rearranged line up ... thats not such a simple task.

I just considered if they put Rudimental acoss from the Other ... Rudimental ... fucking hell, what a nightmare :lol:

Edited by ClementsMike

The Dave G accident is nothing to do with Florence.

So I think she will be advised to sit tight and keep with her original slot.

That's what they will have been preparing for so why change it ?

I'm probably reading too much into it and coming to the wrong conclusion, but, the amount of time it is taking them to announce suggests to me there is more to it than just filling in a new headliner. I think they'll bump Flo and are working on the logistics of fitting someone else in lower down and shuffling around the acts on the Pyramid that day.

But probably not.

That said, if it's AC-DC it would be fucking epic.

it seems pretty unlikely.

They supposedly/presumably weren't prepared to do it when given the shot at being the 'proper' headliner, and I think they'd be less keen than that to be the fill-in.

Mind you, if the issue was money, perhaps Glasto might be prepared to throw a bucketload at the right act right now. Who knows.

fuck right off....massive foos fan here but I would rather listen to Michael eavis do Beatles karaoke in his shorts with Emily on guitar then I would another kc performance.....disappointing enough having them as the `surprise` last year

But they both run around on stage a lot. That's what the fans want, right?!

fuck right off....massive foos fan here but I would rather listen to Michael eavis do Beatles karaoke in his shorts with Emily on guitar then I would another kc performance.....disappointing enough having them as the `surprise` last year I predict a riot? well how about about you go predict some more generic indie rock you boring bastards......lol

I'm sure there'll be an oiled, bare-chested hunk of man meat wielding a double-knecked guitar somewhere on site for you.

I doubt it.

Firstly, the band would have to be currently touring to be ready to play a show.

And secondly, much as I think about Flo this year, why would they do that? They're guaranteed a prestigious headline shot in the future, and being a fill-in headliner doesn't carry anything of the same kudos.

Whereas for an up-coming not-there-yet band it can be the making of them, as it was for Pulp.

Hopefully you're right and Foals or The National are that band.

I just bet money via a website for the first time ever (slippery slope!). I chucked a tenner on Blur who seem the value bet there; especially as the Stone Roses are shorter odds (?!).

I put a tenner on thinking I'd get £20 worth of free bets (turned out I needed to bet on sport - which I'm now tempted to do to get the £20 - it is a slippery slope!). Anyway, if it comes through I get £90 so fingers crossed...

I'm probably reading too much into it and coming to the wrong conclusion, but, the amount of time it is taking them to announce suggests to me there is more to it than just filling in a new headliner. I think they'll bump Flo and are working on the logistics of fitting someone else in lower down and shuffling around the acts on the Pyramid that day.

But probably not.

Yeah, people keep ignoring this.

If Flo is bumped up that leaves at least an hour slot open on the Pyramid, it's unlikely she would do the same length set as the Foos so it will probably end up being 2 plus hours to fill. Whether they fill with extra acts or extend peoples sets they will still have to consult with the management of all the other acts involved. Not something they can do in a few (working) hours since the announcement.