2016 Other Stage headliners

Rose-Colored Boy

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just youtubed a few (admitidly as I dont know the songs it is whatever comes up first)... Still all landfill shite.

"Bubbles"

"God and satan"

"Biblical"

latest albums, 3 songs. 

admittedly radio friendly stuff.

but your eluding my point of there is 6 albums worth of stuff that is notably better. And priving my point of hearing 2/3 songs and making brash statements on band thats been around years

latest albums, 3 songs.

admittedly radio friendly stuff.

but your eluding my point of there is 6 albums worth of stuff that is notably better. And priving my point of hearing 2/3 songs and making brash statements on band thats been around years

I do admit that I don't know the songs so I just picked whatever was at the top of the search. I have no clue when they were from.

I did post a setlist to what I saw and it was shit.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/biffy-clyro/2011/worthy-farm-pilton-england-53d303bd.html

The tune you posted is better than the ones I had found on youtube, hardly groundbreaking, but it is miles better... But if they have gone on to be not much more than Nickelback (2 tunes I found were pretty Nickelback esque) - my point that they are now shit is perfectly valid.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

I worked in HMV in Glasow with the blokes from Ganger / Aereogramme who 'discovered' Biffy Clyro and released their first single. Through circumstance it's not impossible that I sold the first ever Biffy Clyro record to anyone anywhere. My then girlfriend's best mate was cousins with the twin ones, so I also saw a few of their first ever gigs. My brother was a music journo and he even dragged me to see them on the T Break Stage at T in the Park, when they looked about 12 years old.

Even then it was possible to see the early promise of what they would become.

this from the 2nd album. this is most definitely inventive and was without a doubt at the peak of their utterly brilliant weirdness.

All comes down to taste though, but this certainly isn't indie landfill

3rd album but yer that was the song I was going to post to.

Even though Only Revolutions is vastly inferior to their first 3 albums I still find this by far away my most listened to Biffy song

I would love for New Order to headline the other next year. Who ever compared them to Suede needs their head testing.

Unfortunately I think they will go after the big bucks and play V, Leeds and T in the Park. I think they will also do Castlefield or Kendal Calling

I do admit that I don't know the songs so I just picked whatever was at the top of the search. I have no clue when they were from.

I did post a setlist to what I saw and it was shit.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/biffy-clyro/2011/worthy-farm-pilton-england-53d303bd.html

The tune you posted is better than the ones I had found on youtube, hardly groundbreaking, but it is miles better... But if they have gone on to be not much more than Nickelback (2 tunes I found were pretty Nickelback esque) - my point that they are now shit is perfectly valid.

That setlist's rancid. 9 songs from their most recent (at the time), worst album.

The three songs you linked are also horrid. On my phone atm and cba linking anything but will later if I remember.

Don't like them anymore, definitely wouldn't watch them if they played but I do love their first three albums:

Edit: well, not 'love', but I'm fond of them, especially Vertigo. That 2011 set was a bit of a misery, pissed it down for a lot of it and that first run of songs was a stonker. First and only time I will ever see them.

Edited by CHRLY

That setlist's rancid. 9 songs from their most recent (at the time), worst album.

The three songs you linked are also horrid. On my phone atm and cba linking anything but will later if I remember.

And any Biffy fan, watch thqt back. It is on youtube. Ive watched a bit, it was bloody awful.

If I caught them on an off day, fair enough, but it isn't good.

https://youtu.be/D1iob44hlkk

The field would be far from full too.

That's the thing, Other stage is now way too big for then. Bizarrely, I can see New Order working better in West Holts, too. But I'm not entirely sure whether or not they'd suit that stages style. Hot Chip just about got away with it.