2016 Other Stage headliners

Rose-Colored Boy

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Biffy headlining the Pyramid actually sounds ridiculous IMO.

Mind you, given the way the Pyramid is going, maybe they're perfect.

That song Matt stuck up is actually the only time their set deflected from the noise assault when is saw them... and it was during the encore.

Plus I think the song is muck.

Edited by Space Shanty

Exactly my feelings.

They seemed to be absolutely everywhere as well, without going out of my way to try and see them I think I have managed to see them 4 or 5 times - through them being support acts and their festival appearances.

Aye I've seen them 4 times (3 in one year) with only actively trying to see them once. One of their own gigs, one support slot and two festivals.

if Biffy don't headline the Pyramid on this album tour (so basically, in 2016) then i don't think they'll ever do it. hopefully that'll be the case. their first three (even four) albums all have incredibly fond memories for me, but considering they'll play fuck all from those and just hammer out stuff like the gash posted above, i'd just rather they not

The only acts that are 'too big for the Other Stage' are Pyramid headliners and the occasional sub. Disclosure won't be too big for the Other Stage by any stretch, especially if the likes of The Chemical Brothers aren't.

That's kind of my point. I think their second album will make them massive and pyramid headliner 'worthy' .

if Biffy don't headline the Pyramid on this album tour (so basically, in 2016) then i don't think they'll ever do it. hopefully that'll be the case. their first three (even four) albums all have incredibly fond memories for me, but considering they'll play fuck all from those and just hammer out stuff like the gash posted above, i'd just rather they not

Pretty much this. I've no doubt they'll be offered it and accept it without a second thought, it'll be their only UK Festival show of 2016 though with a couple of other own shows.

That's kind of my point. I think their second album will make them massive and pyramid headliner 'worthy' .

It's out in like two months, and there's a bit of buzz but not massive buzz.

I reckon they'l headline other stage next year, and sub other festivals such as reading.

Think I have seen biffy 5 times, and none of them through paying/trying.

2 support - Foos, Linkin Park

2 festivals - Oxegen, Reading

1 - iTunes festival

Back on topic. Disclosure will headline Other if they play, sure of it.

Edited by mjsell

Exactly my feelings.

They seemed to be absolutely everywhere as well, without going out of my way to try and see them I think I have managed to see them 4 or 5 times - through them being support acts and their festival appearances.

The era when Biffy and HIFH were supporting each other was golden.

It's out in like two months, and there's a bit of buzz but not massive buzz.

I reckon they'l headline other stage next year, and sub other festivals such as reading.

It's possible. They're headlining a big festival in Lisbon though. I wouldn't be surprised if they get the bump up. After all we do need new artists coming through.

It's possible. They're headlining a big festival in Lisbon though. I wouldn't be surprised if they get the bump up. After all we do need new artists coming through.

Disclosure headlining the Pyramid seems extremely ambitious IMO.... after 2 albums?

They're much more likely to headline the Other Stage surely.

It took Prodigy until their 3rd album was just about to be released to get that gig and they were absolutely fucking massive... way bigger than Disclosure are now or will be by next June.

Of all the newer British artists I'd have thought Foals would be closest to Pyramid headline status and they're still a bit short. This album may sort that for them, who knows. First single is certainly promising

Edited by Space Shanty

If I could put money on one act playing one slot next year it'd be Disclosure headlining the Other Stage.

My prediction of Pyramid/Other headliners stands like this.

Friday:

Biffy - something more leftfield (maybe Bon Iver/The National)

Saturday:

Coldplay - Disclosure

Sunday:

Rihanna - The Prodigy

Edit: Bon Iver and The National aren't really that leftfield, are they?

Edited by Will-2609

If I could put money on one act playing one slot next year it'd be Disclosure headlining the Other Stage.

My prediction of Pyramid/Other headliners stands like this.

Friday:

Biffy - something more leftfield (maybe Bon Iver/The National)

Saturday:

Coldplay - Disclosure

Sunday:

Rihanna - The Prodigy

Edit: Bon Iver and The National aren't really that leftfield, are they?

'Kinell Will, can we not aim high at the start man, when anything is possible!

Biffy, Coldplay, Rihanna.

Like the soundtrack to a dreadful rom-com

Edited by Space Shanty

Wait are we thinking Biffy are going to be headlining? We really are up shit creak without a paddle. They're like a blander AC/DC, the same song for 2 hours, with some X factor ballads thrown in for good measure.

That's not actually a bad summary... not bad at all