2016 Other Stage headliners

Rose-Colored Boy

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see New Order have announced a small tour and shared more details about the upcoming release. Would they still candidates for the top line of the Other Stage in 2016? 

I'm not sure they've quite got the pull to headline it anymore but I think subbing it could be possible.

tops they'd be sub. I'd see them more as JP size (they the same size as suede these days?)

Headlined Bestival a couple of years ago. I reckon they'd be big enough to headline the new Other.

Holding out for them and The Prodigy for next year.

Edited by BlackHole2006

I'm not sure they've quite got the pull to headline it anymore but I think subbing it could be possible.

tops they'd be sub. I'd see them more as JP size (they the same size as suede these days?)

Being there is a decent shout but they won't top it. Sub/3rd Other or JP header.

Yeah I figured that may be the case. They did the Bestival headline slot but also not-so-massive venues for their own shows - and I suppose Bestival headline could be explained by them also managing to bag Stevie Wonder that year.

John Peel would be a decent gig actually if they would accept it.

There's usually one massive dancey act for da yoof - Pendulum, Chase & Status, Nero.

One better dancey act - Prodigy, Disclosure.

Third one's a bit of a wild card - Bjork maybe?

I can't figure out which is which for this year.

As much as I'd love it, I'm not convinced Bjork would be a big draw as Other Stage headliner nowadays. Would make a phenomenal West Holts headliner though.

If I were to guess right now, I'd say Disclosure for sure, and The Prodigy and The National.

As much as I'd love it, I'm not convinced Bjork would be a big draw as Other Stage headliner nowadays. Would make a phenomenal West Holts headliner though.

Saw Bjork on Sunday in Manchester, she was fantastic. If there were big enough draws on Pyramid and Other to manage the crowds effectively, then Bjork on West Holts would be amazing.

Edited by TheNewUnion

Come on Trent! Come on Trent! Come on Trent! Come on Trent! Come on Trent! Come on Trent! Come on Trent! Come on Trent! Come on Trent! Come on Trent! Come on Trent! Come on Trent! Come on Trent! Come on Trent! Come on Trent! Come on Trent! Come on Trent! Come on Trent! Come on Trent! Come on Trent! Come on Trent! Come on Trent! Come on Trent! Come on Trent! Come on Trent! Come on Trent! Come on Trent! Come on Trent! Come on Trent!

The 1975

Disclosure

Bon Iver

Bon Iver could easily be the non dance one but I think Other sub for The 1975. They shouldn't as they're shocking but I see it.

So we're up to for fun:

Disclosure

Bon Iver

The Prodigy

The 1975

Two more sub acts and we're sorted lol. Can Bon Iver really demand a Other headline slot though?