Glastocam!

pauladam

5 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Thanks for this...I never knew Banksy has done some artwork on the fence, does anyone know what became of it?

banksy-glasto.jpg

It's still there, or at least, I've seen some in recent years.  Around the Stone Circle, and by the exits, places where it'll get noticed.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I find that it's more exciting checking in on the actual webcam once a week. Not been on there since last Friday and it seems to have really progressed over the last seven days

I like to check in a out twice per hour.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

It's still there, or at least, I've seen some in recent years.  Around the Stone Circle, and by the exits, places where it'll get noticed.

I'm pretty sure it (or something similar) was at PGC in 2017.

16 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

What do you think?  Does the scaffolding look different to you?  I seem to remember a similar conversation two years ago, worrying about screens at The Park.

It looks a bit different but couldn't say what for though.

38 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I'm really not keen on screens at The Park.  There's a real directness from seeing the band directly.  They were a welcome addition at W Holts, but there's something really 'live' feeling about lacking that intermediation.

For The Park, what I'd like is to have screens, but not at the side of the stage at the stage proper - have them facing up the hill along with the extra speakers so that people can relax on the hillside watching the stage.

1 minute ago, Dukeicon said:

It looks a bit different but couldn't say what for though.

Could it be possible that they have changed the angle of the stage a tad to point a bit further up the hill, and are adding a larger speaker stack to push the sound further back? Doesnt look too different on the webcam, but it would be hard to see a small change at such a distance.

29 minutes ago, stephos83 said:

It's the canopy for the bar that is in "The Woods". It's been up for a while, I posted about it a couple of weeks ago I think...

I've been to glasto 10 times not sure I've ever been in there lol 

Have seen and been through the tunnel though ;)

33 minutes ago, Aragorn said:

I've been to glasto 10 times not sure I've ever been in there lol 

Have seen and been through the tunnel though ;)

I think that area's only been open to the public for the last couple of festivals - since the JP moved up there.  It was the (I think) nature reserve before that and was fenced off.

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

We live in hope.  It's a shame the archived pictures are so low in resolution.

Could take them or leave them at the park besides maybe one facing up the hill. The park is already filmed isn’t it? So not much hassle putting that in place. But overall I don’t think they’d affect it in a negative way.

36 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

I think that area's only been open to the public for the last couple of festivals - since the JP moved up there.  It was the (I think) nature reserve before that and was fenced off.

The path has always been there during the festival through the wood. Just they have made it come around the other side of the pond now. The path was always how we got from red gate into the festival when pedestrians were allowed down there.

im not sure ‘nature reserve’ is correct, more lie stagnant pool.

2 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I'm really not keen on screens at The Park.  There's a real directness from seeing the band directly.  They were a welcome addition at W Holts, but there's something really 'live' feeling about lacking that intermediation.

It’s ok for you tall peeps. But us shorties that can’t see bugger all over the tower of hats need the screens to see what’s going on. I often listen to a set then go home and watch it on the red button to “see” what I was hearing.

Seems funny that a tree appears to pretty much perfectly obscure whatever work they are doing on "Glastonbury-on-Sea". You can see the long drops next door, but not what they actually seem to be working on.

Coincidence? Or conspiracy to block us from seeing it? *insert several chinstroke emojis*