Glastocam!

pauladam

21 minutes ago, Fork_UK said:

I wonder if it'll be off for a lot of the time this year, since they have lots of surprises they won't want us to see just yet:  new Arcadia, Glastonbury-on-Sea, and new Block 9

This would be a bit gutting, but probably the right move really. As much as I'm loving the buildup and snippets get me excited, it'd probably be better to keep them as a surprise and see them for the first time in the flesh... 

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

we are going to get to see them anyway webcam or no webcam social media is just to big these days to stop photos getting out ... even when the site becomes locked down 

Exactly, they can't ban phones from the site so its inevitable. Though the webcam doesn't show the whole site only a bit of it so maybe some of the new stuff will be out of shot.

Nobody asked for this but here are some of the key dates from 2017 from the webcam:

April 21st    Pyramid starts getting dressed
April 24th    Ribbon tower
May 5th       Park Stage
May 9th       Pyramid Stage screen structures
May 10th     Fence starts going up
May 12th     Other Stage work starts

Should give us a sense of what to expect next!

Edited by Joshuwarr
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 6

4 minutes ago, Gabi_says said:

Not a lot going on today ... 

image.png.08d7d857058d17665a4af5c83161d2fd.png

It poured down here (about 20m from the site) pretty much all of last night and this morning, I suspect it's too boggy for the cherry pickers right now.

Edited by paulshane

3 hours ago, Joshuwarr said:

Nobody asked for this but here are some of the key dates from 2017 from the webcam:

May 5th       Park Stage

We know that the fence build will start this year on May 1st (per Emily on Rob Da Bank's podcast).

I recall that the Pyramid got dressed for some farming show, then was stripped again before being re-dressed closer to the festival. I think that was 2017, but can't be sure.

Just now, kalifire said:

We know that the fence build will start this year on May 1st (per Emily on Rob Da Bank's podcast).

I recall that the Pyramid got dressed for some farming show, then was stripped again before being re-dressed closer to the festival. I think that was 2017, but can't be sure.

I think they are itching to get on with it after the fallow year ... everything seems to have shifted forward a bit :) 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

I think they are itching to get on with it after the fallow year ... everything seems to have shifted forward a bit :) 

No complaints from me! I love the obsessive webcam watching build up. Makes me feel like I'm back in the Motherland sooner.

On 4/3/2019 at 2:16 PM, Dukeicon said:

Just done a little searching around for dressing dates.

2000: 7th June (framework build started on 24th May)

2008: Pre 6th June
2009: 3rd June (side closest to camera had gone up so probably started 2nd June)
2010: 27th May
2011: 19th May

2013: Unknown
2014: 9th May
2015: Pre 16th May (No webcam images from before then)
2016: 10th May
2017: 21st April

5 hours ago, Joshuwarr said:

May 5th       Park Stage

I just love this, it’s what this place is brilliant for, thank you wonderful people. 

Charm x 

Good morning, everyone.

Something's moving there ?

image.thumb.png.45d5b465ed8061f3a469498309d69fab.png

Am I the only one finding GlastoCam watching very soothing, almost mesmerizing? Not very conducive to productivity, but the farm's beautiful green is a lot better than the white walls of my office.

• Upvote 1