Headliners 2016

thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering Radiohead and the Roses are playing festivals this summer it would be fucking mad if they aren't booked. Coldplay will probably play it for nothing so that should free up the cash to get the two bands that would make for a great festival.

My opinion anyway. If they're after Adele stick her on at sunset before Coldplay and all done.

As you can tell I don't make a living as festival booker or agent.

11 minutes ago, Purple aki squat said:

Considering Radiohead and the Roses are playing festivals this summer it would be fucking mad if they aren't booked. Coldplay will probably play it for nothing so that should free up the cash to get the two bands that would make for a great festival.

My opinion anyway. If they're after Adele stick her on at sunset before Coldplay and all done.

As you can tell I don't make a living as festival booker or agent.

I know they'll know early, but there's always the chance the headliners were in place before they knew TSR and Radiohead were going to be active this year 

Didn't Emily say ages ago that she was happy that they had the headliners sorted so far in advance for once. Michael has said that before but we don't listen to him for that kind of stuff. Maybe the headliners weren't all signed up then, but maybe she at least had the agreements with them as far back as last summer. That might explain why they might not have Radiohead or SR.

2 hours ago, Alan_C said:

Didn't Emily say ages ago that she was happy that they had the headliners sorted so far in advance for once. Michael has said that before but we don't listen to him for that kind of stuff. Maybe the headliners weren't all signed up then, but maybe she at least had the agreements with them as far back as last summer. That might explain why they might not have Radiohead or SR.

Nah I highly doubt that all those Euro fests they've been announced for only booked them a couple of months ago. If radiohead were doing shows in Europe / America next year... I'm pretty sure that would of been known by GF

Also GF bookers would be very much aware that Radiohead would be releasing an album / touring in the near future

yep, headliners are booked well in advance for almost every festival these days.

was reading a Stereogum article about Governors Ball/Panorama the other day, and it has this quote from a June 2014 Billboard interview with the guy who runs Governors Ball:

Are you in the process of booking the 2015 Governors Ball?

Yeah, artists are routing 18 to 24 months in advance now. We’re already booking some of the bigger acts and in negotiations with some others. The 2015 festival isn’t for another year, but we’re only seven months away from announcing its lineup.

so the 2014 festival hadn't even happened and artists had already planned their general schedules and were booking festivals a year in advance.

I know Glastonbury is often a bit different, but Radiohead will likely have had these festival appearances planned since last summer...

the full article is here for anyone that wants to read, quite an interesting look at the business/politics surrounding this summer's NYC festivals as well as the knock-on effects for other festivals and venues (eg. tying acts into certain promoters and precluding them from playing certain venues/festivals): http://www.stereogum.com/1854338/all-points-east-what-the-hell-is-going-on-with-panorama-governors-ball-the-battle-for-new-york-city/franchises/sounding-board/

Edited by ghostdancer1