Headliners 2016

thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Putting aside my feelings about his music, I'd have no problem with E-Shazza taking a headline slot. He seems to have worked very hard - and anyone who can command a crowd of 90,000 people with just a guitar and a loop pedal must be doing something right.

Yeah I agree with all of that. And, not that I'd go see him, I think I'd actually welcome it because as far as popstars go, he's brought something completely new to the table and managed to sell Wembley out three times over with it so fair play. Plus he doesn't seem like a dickhead either which is equally refreshing in modern pop music. :P

Ed Sheeran is absolute shite imo. His voice grates on me and his songs are the sort of shite I could imagine middle aged women singing along to while doing the dishes. No problem if he plays though, I wouldn't be near it obviously.

Edited by Alan_C

Hard to argue against him, isn't it? Phenomenally popular, writes/performs his own stuff, 'gets' Glastonbury. 

Personally, I've never knowingly heard him (there are some advantages to living overseas), but I know he attracts a lot fo ire on here. Stil, he seems to fulfill ll the criteria that people espouse for the headliner.

Never know, he might persaude Taylor Swift to come along too.

I think the general attitude to Ed here is quite respectful regardless of the opinions of his music, as he's actually earned his position through hard work. I actually *hope* he headlines soon enough, would be well chuffed for the guy. People would lap it up too!

He will headline one day, there is no doubt.

If he does his Mary Poppin's Dick Van Dyke type set as a headliner he will be compared to Kanye West.

If he does headline I would expect him to get some of his collabs on stage (including some of his Victoria Secret model mates & Swifty) to make it more of an event.

He doesn't have to jump through the same hoops as Kanye as it just being him playing guitar on stage - unless I'm mistaken - has always been his thing and people would turn up expecting that whereas Yeezy has mountains and masks and ballerinas and stuff, and isn't playing an instrument throughout which rubs some people up the wrong way.

Looking at Ed Sheeran's live review it seemed the only thing out of the ordinary was a guest appearance by Reg Dwight. I would say if he can carry off a stadium run with fairly few gimmicks then you can do the same for Glastonbury but it won't be next year so I don't know why I wrote all this but I've already pressed post so it's too late.

I'm still in shock that he has played Wembley. How many albums has he got 2? 3?

I don't actually have anything against the guy, but as has said he is quite bland - a Wembley show surely needs something more than what he can offer.

Edited by mjsell