Headliners 2016

thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saying that, if anything, it'll be Radiohead on the Friday, Lady Gaga on the Saturday and Biffy Clyro on the Sunday.

Anyone who thinks it'll be Lady Gaga on the Friday, Biffy Clyro on the Saturday and Radiohead on the Sunday is kidding themselves.

The only thing more ludicrous than that is the suggestion that it'd be Biffy Clyro on the Friday, Radiohead on the Saturday and Lady Gaga on the Sunday.

I enjoyed this

My list is so different lol

Kid A

In Rainbows

OK Computer

The Bends

Hail To The Thief

You've only gone and nailed it.

Though I'd put the king of limbs - live from the basement above the bends and hail to the thief...but that album probably doesnt count.

Edited by russycarps

You've only gone and nailed it.

Though I'd put the king of limbs - live from the basement above the bends and hail to the thief...but that album probably doesnt count.

Yeah King Of Limbs stuff works better live than on record, Also it's difficult to rank because I find OK Computer on par with the Bends personally. I like them both exactly the same - which is a lot.

The Stones? Really?

I think a Radiohead headline slot would be hyped to such an extent  that even the non fanboy would go along and they'd get a massive crowd, though I doubt it would be along the Stones / Lionel size , depends on what day it would be really, if it was a Friday I doubt it would be mega huge.

The Stones? Really?

much as I loved the stones, I reckon so. I will always appreciate a band at the peak of the powers more than a heritage band.

Besides, they werent even the best band to play the pyramid in 2013...

edit oh wait, did you mean the crowd size? Yeh you are probably right.

Edited by russycarps

much as I loved the stones, I reckon so. I will always appreciate a band at the peak of the powers more than a heritage band.

Besides, they werent even the best band to play the pyramid in 2013...

edit oh wait, did you mean the crowd size? Yeh you are probably right.

Peak of their powers? They've been gradually declining for 15 years.

Are Radiohead at the peak of their powers?

I am a fan, seen them 3 times, but I think peak of their powers must mean a few things. One is ability to create a buzz. I don't think Radiohead would create the wider buzz from non fans.

That all being said, there are very few headliners who will get me to the Pyramid now. Radiohead are certainly one

Peak of their powers? They've been gradually declining for 15 years.

I think that's hard to measure really. If you not a hardy fan then you'd probably say that KOL was them in decline but before that came In Rainbows which is as good as they've done IMO, it's not as " rocky" as Ok or the bends , but still a cracker, people might have said that on Amnesiac though that's still a good album though its a different style of album, That's the thing about Radiohead they've remained around for so long because the keep changing it up.

Depending on the competition, Radiohead wouldn't get a huge crowd. They aren't the massive powerhouse that these forums make out anymore, especially for a lot of the younger Glastonbury crowd (ie. the ones that gave the likes of James Bay and George Ezra heaving crowds)  

King of Limbs wasn't that popular but In Rainbows was as big as any of their albums. Maybe not in terms of critics lists, but it introduced a whole new generation of fans to the band and had a big cultural impact.

I think they would get a pretty big crowd even now - they've reached the stage like many of the renowned bands that there will always be teenagers discovering them new for the first time. I would expect if they headlined there would be plenty of people who were weren't even born when The Bends came out who were just as into it as the older ones. 

Edited by arcade fireman

I think Radiohead would draw a very decent crowd, Especially with the Glastonbury audience.

Thing is, I don't believe there is a 'Glastonbury crowd' anymore.

I give you the packed audiences for James Bay, George Ezra etc. compared to the average crowd size for *insert your favourite band on the Pyramid that drew less people* - nearly everyone.

Radiohead would doubtless have as large a crowd as most of the recent headliners - Metallica, Arcade Fire, The Who - but not as large as The Stones.