Headliners 2016

thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So do we think the Foo's dates in September has any link to dates next year? They clearly won't have outdoor own dates next year. Are they going to come back over to the UK next August for R&L being as they are here early September in the end? I'd guess that where they have a load of euro arena dates in November they would have had UK Arena dates too. Fair play though, Chicago end of August to the UK back to Vancouver.

If Glastonbury is on the cards for next year it could well be one of the last dates on their tour I reckon.

Well me and folie think they'll do both. It looks like a point has been made to come back in a shorter gap later in the year because there is commitments next year. I doubt they will re-arrange for this year if it's just a sold out Glastonbury next year as it'd be no different to the original. But they would if there was other shows, they won't be at T mind.

Well me and folie think they'll do both. It looks like a point has been made to come back in a shorter gap later in the year because there is commitments next year. I doubt they will re-arrange for this year if it's just a sold out Glastonbury next year as it'd be no different to the original. But they would if there was other shows, they won't be at T mind.

If they're going to do two festivals over here & assuming they try & play some of the other European festivals they pulled out of they'll likely be over in the first half of the summer making Download & Glastonbury more likely than Glastonbury & Reading.

So do we think the Foo's dates in September has any link to dates next year? They clearly won't have outdoor own dates next year. Are they going to come back over to the UK next August for R&L being as they are here early September in the end? I'd guess that where they have a load of euro arena dates in November they would have had UK Arena dates too. Fair play though, Chicago end of August to the UK back to Vancouver.

think they might just play Pilton Party this year instead of Glasters next

Edited by Zac Quinn

If they're going to do two festivals over here & assuming they try & play some of the other European festivals they pulled out of they'll likely be over in the first half of the summer making Download & Glastonbury more likely than Glastonbury & Reading.

There is NO chance of Download booking Foo Fighters next year over Glastonbury and Reading. People just don't get this in their head! They turned down the fest to play Glasto and they've turned down Glasto in the past in favor of Reading. Download is not at all a priority for them. The Shit Crooked Vultures onyl got the place they did as it's the only place that would offer it them, the same band agreed to a secret set at R&L.

Sounds like a good shout for PP, they tend to get acts about that size to headline.

it used to work that the acts they'd get would be nailed on to play the next festival, but they seem to have swapped it to an act who played the last festival in the last few years. The PP booking is probably made at the sa,e time as the Glasto booking.

WHy would FF do PP? I don't get the logic in that at all.

Look at the dates of their MK Bowl gigs. Plus, if they regard themselves as 'oweing' GFL one, PP might be easier for them to make than Glasto 2016. Not saying I expect it to happen, just that it wouldn't surprise me. Edited by Zac Quinn

Look at the dates of their MK Bowl gigs. Plus, if they regard themselves as 'oweing' GFL one, PP might be easier for them to make than Glasto 2016. Not saying I expect it to happen, just that it wouldn't surprise me.

I know but the PP has nowhere near the same amount of people so it wouldn't class as making anything up that they owe. Even if they appeared with an Acoustic set or something, I'd still fully expect them back. Emily can't really be trusted on the Foo's front at the minute, they almost have to put people off the scent as they'll have other tickets to sell.