Headliners 2016

thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought I read Ed Sheeran was "whispered" into one of Take That, I've not seen the programme though. Is it any good?

As for the question of the new TFI being any good; I think it was better than the special they had in the summer where they tried to fit too much in - though I admittedly fast forwarded the performances of Take That, U2 and Slaves. They have quite a selection of guests on the way including Adele, who will no doubt be quizzed about live shows and festivals.

I have seen both the Stones and AC/DC live, and as a stage show AC/DC piss all over the Rolling Stones, if they could bring their stage show to Glasto - Rosie, cannons, bell, it would be the most spectacular show Glasto has ever seen

Highway To Hell on the Pyramid would send the crowd wild

The thought of that opening guitar riff from For Those About to Rock blaring out on the Pyramid Stage sends shivers down my spine! AC/DC would own the Pyramid Stage and put on a spectacular headline show. They may not be in the same bracket as the Stones (for me they would), but they would easily be the most spectacular headliner SINCE the Stones.

I'm not at all convinced that AC/DC are nailed on for Download. It seems very likely that Sabbath and Maiden will headline, and I just cannot see AC/DC joining those two. Far too big (and expensive). I would say that if they aren't announced for Download this week, they become a much more serious contender for Glastonbury. I'd surprised if they Wembley again, they aren't headlining Reading and they aren't touring arenas. If they play in the UK next year, Glastonbury could be their only option if they aren't at Download.

Lots of ifs, buts and maybes but this week will clear a lot up.

All he needs is his guitar. Ahh ok, looks like I was suckered in by the The Mirror.

Why would you think he would be touring next year though? He's just done a year of high festival slots plus an arena tour and 3 date Wembley Stadium stretch and has no new album or anything to promote.

Edited by thewayiam

Horses for courses and subject to confirmation bias.  I've see both enough to know that I'll always prefer a Stones show.  And having been in the crowd for the Stones at Glasto and at Hyde Park, the former was way superior. 

I do think AC/DC would also knock it out the park, but sad to say it feels like this year was our chance and it didn't come to pass -  and I can see them playing Download next year while we get shafted with the Foo Fighters.

Agree

I can't see there being 2 hard rock headliners, so it would be Foo Fighters or AC/DC not both, given what happened with Dave and his broken leg I think they feel they owe Foo Fighters a gig

The thought of that opening guitar riff from For Those About to Rock blaring out on the Pyramid Stage sends shivers down my spine! AC/DC would own the Pyramid Stage and put on a spectacular headline show. They may not be in the same bracket as the Stones (for me they would), but they would easily be the most spectacular headliner SINCE the Stones.

I'm not at all convinced that AC/DC are nailed on for Download. It seems very likely that Sabbath and Maiden will headline, and I just cannot see AC/DC joining those two. Far too big (and expensive). I would say that if they aren't announced for Download this week, they become a much more serious contender for Glastonbury. I'd surprised if they Wembley again, they aren't headlining Reading and they aren't touring arenas. If they play in the UK next year, Glastonbury could be their only option if they aren't at Download.

Lots of ifs, buts and maybes but this week will clear a lot up.

AC/DC would be spectacular, I saw them at Black Ice indoor and outdoor, and at Wembley on ROB and they were even better in ROB, I think they would draw a massive crowd to the Pyramid

I don't think they will do Glasto though, if they were really that keen they would have done it in 2015 I think and built their european tour accordingly, likewise I feel Foo Fighters are a done deal for 2016 (opinion not inside knowledge)

Why would you think he would be touring next year though? He's just done a year of high festival slots plus an arena tour and 3 date Wembley Stadium stretch and has no new album or anything to promote.

He doesn't need to be touring & I didn't say I thought he was. It's Glastonbury.

And people still dance to Billie Jean?  Why? Because being a nonce is forgiven if your music is really good.

Yeah but it wasn't ever proven he was  aproper nonce was it? I think everyone takes the opinion, it was more just ...inappropriate  playtime but through a man-child's eyes than your regular sexual predator nonce with dodgy hair and beard.

I thought I read Ed Sheeran was "whispered" into one of Take That, I've not seen the programme though. Is it any good?

About as good as any other 90s nostalgia :P (excluding Blur and pulp obviously)

Agree

I can't see there being 2 hard rock headliners, so it would be Foo Fighters or AC/DC not both, given what happened with Dave and his broken leg I think they feel they owe Foo Fighters a gig

If Glastonbury owe gigs for performers breaking bones then there is a queue and The Foos better get in it behind The Stone Roses.

Edited by eastynh

No. They have only sprang up as a rumour since being possibly said by Chris Evans as the 'Sunday afternoon' act. They're not headlining.

Thanks, would have literally no opinion if it was them as I don't know anything - though I suppose that is better than the rumoured 3 who I actively dislike!