Headliners 2016

thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

has anyone seen Terence and Bon Scott in the same (chat) room?

What's your thoughts on the lead singers ability to sing on consecutive nights Terence?

Get with the times ;) Bon died 35 years ago

I have no thoughts, have no idea if Brian is capable of it or not, having said that, there has been no consecutive gigs on the Rock or Bust tour 

Not been discussed yet surprisingly but

Here it begins, hope you're ready for an Adele dominated christmas - might be a good present for a family member

Just from this snippet you can tell that she's coming back to dominate

thanks Matt.

I'm glad it's not just me who's happy to be dominated by Adele this Christmas.

Get with the times ;) Bon died 35 years ago

I have no thoughts, have no idea if Brian is capable of it or not, having said that, there has been no consecutive gigs on the Rock or Bust tour 

Apologies Terence, it was a cack handed reference to last year's headliners thread and a particularly keen Dacca fan.

You know, I don't mind Adele, aside from the tax comments. Tell you what Adele, let's swap shall we? You can pay 20% on 20,000 and I will pay 50% on £8million - I will still have £4million! I'm going to suggest that to her, wonder if she will go for it?? I'm happy for other people to jump on board too - we can split the money, I'm not greedy! Actually, it annoys me, a lot. Nothing more annoying than a rich person moaning about earning too much money!

On the plus side, that's a Christmas present sorted for someone.

You know, I don't mind Adele, aside from the tax comments. Tell you what Adele, let's swap shall we? You can pay 20% on 20,000 and I will pay 50% on £8million - I will still have £4million! I'm going to suggest that to her, wonder if she will go for it?? I'm happy for other people to jump on board too - we can split the money, I'm not greedy! Actually, it annoys me, a lot. Nothing more annoying than a rich person moaning about earning too much money!

On the plus side, that's a Christmas present sorted for someone.

That was brilliant!  You just got more and more irate as the post went on.

Some good news / bad news -

The bad news - Ed Sheeran has said that the next Festival he plays will be headlining Glastonbury.

The good news - He said it won't be next year, and he'd want to have 3/4 albums under his belt first (no idea how many he has right now and I don't care enough to look it up).

Some good news / bad news -

The bad news - Ed Sheeran has said that the next Festival he plays will be headlining Glastonbury.

The good news - He said it won't be next year, and he'd want to have 3/4 albums under his belt first (no idea how many he has right now and I don't care enough to look it up).

he has two :( and come 2017 will undoubtedly have three, so we can possibly pencil him in as an early contender 

I'm not surprised if the Foo's aren't playing. I know that mostly everything ME says turns out to be untrue, but when he said he had headliners for the next two years I automatically thought that the Foos would be instantly slotted in for 2018 after releasing Sonic Highways 2.

2018 is a fallow year, so if it ain't this year that they're playing then it won't be for a long time (unless they release their next album earlier/later)

as for Fleetwood Mac, they can fuck off. i'd probably enjoy them if they played, but i'm just bored of their bullshit. also Fleetwood Mac, Adele, Coldplay (if we're assuming it's Mac instead of Foos) would be an awful trio for me

If it is Fleetwood Mac and Coldplay then they have one of the world's biggest acts at the moment (like it or not) and a well renowned heritage act.

I think Adele's a red herring and if they have those two booked I can see them going for a younger,  less established, heavier (and cheaper) band for the Friday... step forward Foals.

If it is Fleetwood Mac and Coldplay then they have one of the world's biggest acts at the moment (like it or not) and a well renowned heritage act.

I think Adele's a red herring and if they have those two booked I can see them going for a younger,  less established, heavier (and cheaper) band for the Friday... step forward Foals.

Foals, Fleetwood Mac, Coldplay would be absolutely brilliant personally, two nights at the pyramid and then Sunday night elsewhere, I would take that in a heartbeat 

it'd be a huge trio for sure, but just not good for me. i'd maybe end up going to see one or two, but there wouldn't be that 'oh my fucking god' feeling as the acts walk on stage like i've had with at least one Pyramid headliner in previous years

it won't be Foals. if they're gonna headline any festival next year, it'll definitely be Reading/Leeds

I saw Fleetwood Mac at the o2, and it was one of the most disappointingly dull gigs I've ever been to. I actually felt like the size of the arena swamped them, as they're not the most dynamic of performers... so this will be just the same, if not worse, at Glastonbury. I think, despite their huge popularity, they'd be much better in an intimate setting.

Would Adele sub to the Mac? Takes the headliner pressure off of her while allowing her to sub to 'legendary' rather that contemporary act (which she's too popular to do).

nah not a chance. will once again be the biggest act in the world when the new album is released and will be inescapable. if she plays, she's headlining

Just don't see her playing myself. She doesn't seem to want to do it and this album will make her so big she won't need the profile or sales bump that GF usually gives. 

yeah i wouldn't at all be surprised if it's not her - she may have said it a long time ago, but she was pretty adamant about not doing festivals, so doing the biggest festival straight off the bat does seem odd. maybe the Mac are instead of her and not Foos - Foo Fighters, Fleetwood Mac, Coldplay would be a huge set of headliners, albeit a not very adventurous one