Headliners 2016

thewayiam

With regards to the Mac. Mick Fleetwood is a joke with his meet and greet. $750 is very unhealthy, for the fan from a financial point of view, and from also from a self actualisation point of view it's rediculous and goes against the values of Glastonbury Festival.

no one forces those cretins to part with their money to meet that imbecile though. 

I'd say it's exactly in keeping with the values of glastonbury festival anyway. We all part with vast sums every year to attend the festival. It's called capitalism, and glastonbury is up to its eyes in it.

Edited by russycarps

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elton John??? the below is from his web site:

Elton and the band have announced three outdoor shows in the UK for June 2016.

• Friday June 10 – Lincoln Showground, Lincoln, UK
  • Saturday, June 11 – Leicestershire County Cricket Club, Leicester, UK
  • Sunday, June 19 – Westpoint Exeter, Exeter, UK

he had pretty much the same earlier this year too and didn't play.

up in the cheap seats right at the top, but 2 rows from the front so were pretty good seats really.

They did play the o2 loads of times though didnt they? Perhaps I could them on a good night, and you a bad. I saw them on the monday before glastonbury (I think)

We were right at the other end of the stadium, so they were like dots on the stage. The atmosphere just didn't transcend that far, which is a shame. I do think it would have been a million times better closer.

That being said, I was pretty far away from Prince at the o2 too, but the party atmosphere reached us then. Everyone was on their feet, dancing. Sometimes the crowd can really make or break a gig!

We were right at the other end of the stadium, so they were like dots on the stage. The atmosphere just didn't transcend that far, which is a shame. I do think it would have been a million times better closer.

That being said, I was pretty far away from Prince at the o2 too, but the party atmosphere reached us then. Everyone was on their feet, dancing. Sometimes the crowd can really make or break a gig!

Ah yeh, I have seen those seats and pitied the poor sods sat in them in the past!

I dont actually mind the o2 as a venue though really, for an arena, but there are some dud spots for sure.

most acts that cancel festivals don't bother returning, they just write it off.

can't see Foo Fighters lugging all their gear and crew here for a once-off. just do it in 2017 with some other gigs.

Maybe but they pulled out of 3 festivals didn't they all around same time, so there is still hope!!

most acts that cancel festivals don't bother returning, they just write it off.

can't see Foo Fighters lugging all their gear and crew here for a once-off. just do it in 2017 with some other gigs.

was just trying to decipher what 5co77ie meant by 'not 'touring'. they cancelled a few festivals so i don't think it's impossible that they'd travel back over to tick them all off

was just trying to decipher what 5co77ie meant by 'not 'touring'. they cancelled a few festivals so i don't think it's impossible that they'd travel back over to tick them all off

They also did this when they had to pull out of Pukkelpop due to the storm and came back to play the year after, Foo's aren't the sort of band to not make up there commitments.

Aye, definitely in Dave's nature to fulfill his obligations. If they don't play it'll be because the 3 2016 headliners genuinely were all already booked before Foos pulled out rather than Foos not wanting to coming to England for 1 show.

as if that was ever gonna happen. if Foos are announced for the other festivals they pulled out of, i'll fully expect them to be at Glastonbury

The Mac playing BST and Glastonbury next year certainly seems perfectly logical if they're still touring. Pretty much all they've got left to do after that massive arena tour with IOW thrown in. 

I saw them in Glasgow and thought they were great. Totally on board the Fleetwood Mac for Glastonbury train.

Hopefully if Fleetwood Mac do headline then they will be fully recovered from their monstrous  tour, by the time they had got to IOW I think they were over 100 shows into the tour, and it showed.

stevie nicks was on her last legs, her back injury was crippling her and her voice was shaky at best.

they only made it to IOW by cancelling gigs on the run up to it which is not on really, bands shouldn't be cancelling on fans just to please a festival audience.

dont get me wrong I still really enjoyed their set, Lindsey Buckingham is fantastic but they were a bit flat. They looked like they had had enough of touring.

the tour ends in November I think, would they come to the UK 7 months later for a one off festival appearance?

Hopefully if Fleetwood Mac do headline then they will be fully recovered from their monstrous  tour, by the time they had got to IOW I think they were over 100 shows into the tour, and it showed.

stevie nicks was on her last legs, her back injury was crippling her and her voice was shaky at best.

they only made it to IOW by cancelling gigs on the run up to it which is not on really, bands shouldn't be cancelling on fans just to please a festival audience.

dont get me wrong I still really enjoyed their set, Lindsey Buckingham is fantastic but they were a bit flat. They looked like they had had enough of touring.

the tour ends in November I think, would they come to the UK 7 months later for a one off festival appearance?

Could be doing BST, Glastonbury & Other European festivals tour?